I’ve been making chocolate covered strawberries forever… and for the last few years we’ve been enjoying Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries… so it was only a matter of time before the two came together! I have to tell you the results were amazing!
Seriously amazing! These ended up being our anniversary dessert this year but I sense that I will be bringing them to LOTS of upcoming gatherings with no leftovers!
Not only are they decadent and easy, the best part is that they are NO bake… perfect for summer time!
More Strawberry Favorites
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Strawberry Sauce
- Strawberry Poke Cake
Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries (No Bake!!)
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup whipped topping such as Cool Whip
- 3 tablespoons chocolate melts or chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons chocolate cookie crumbs
- Wash strawberries and dry well.
- Cut the tops off the strawberries and hollow them out using a small spoon or a strawberry huller (this is the type I use, works for tomatoes and strawberries).
- Place the 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips in a small dish and melt on 50% power for about 20 seconds.. continue in 15-second increments until the chocolate is melted
- Slice a thin piece of the bottom of each strawberry so it can stand up and pat it dry with a paper towel. Dip the bottom of each strawberry into chocolate and then into the cookie crumbs. Place on a parchment lined the pan.
- Dip the bottom of the strawberries in chocolate before filling with chocolate cheesecake!
Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
- Place the ¾ cup chocolate chips in a small dish and melt on 50% power for about 35 seconds.. continue in 20-second increments until the chocolate is melted. Cool.
- With the mixer on medium, combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, cocoa powder and sugar until fluffy. Add in cooled chocolate and mix on low until incorporated. Add in whipped topping and stir/mix just until combined.
- Place chocolate cheesecake filling in a ziploc bag or a decorating dispenser like the one I’ve used above. Pipe into the strawberries (there will be lots of filling, don’t be afraid to overfill!).
- Top with an additional piece of strawberry (I cut circles with a straw) and serve immediately or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
This looks great!
Look so good
How many strawberries does this make?
Depending on the size of your strawberries Patti, you should get about 4-5 dozen from 4 pints!
I love chocolate cake <3
We do too!
I’ve only been cooking about a year (thanks to Pinterest!) and I have a Pinterest Board called Did It Deliciously! This is my newest Pin!! Easy peasy! Taking this to a family BBQ today. Hoping they transport well because they came out beautifully!! Thank you!
I hope everyone loves them just as much as we do!! Have a fun BBQ!
Holly, I am allergic to corn syrup and Cool Whip and similar toppings are made from it. Any ideas about how well this might work if that last ingredient and step were omitted?
Yes Gail, this should work just fine (or if you have another no bake cheesecake type filling, that would work as well). Your filling may be a little bit thicker but should still be great.
Just use heavy cream whipped and you will have same consistency and better flavour as well.
I filled strawberries with a Reese’s Peanut Butter Spread like Nutella but this sounds like a great idea too! A different texture for sure. I’m definitely going to test it out! Thanks for the recipe!
Somebody call my dietician and my priest because its gonna get sinful up in here!!! Yummy!!!; maybe I”ll share if they get home in time lol no promises!!
I have chocolate cream cheese, can I use this and cut out some of the chocolate chips?
I haven’t tried it but I’m sure it would work and be delicious!
This looks and sounds awesome! I plan on trying to adapt it so that is has less sugar for diabetics, since I am diabetic. I know I can use Splenda and I will see if I can track down other ingredients that are sugar free or lower sugar.
amazingly simple and cute,going my recipies collection for sure.Love it…
my friend asked me to make these but we live in two different states. can they be frozen and shipped. they look wonderful
I don’t think freezing this recipe would work as it is intended to be made with fresh strawberries.
Love your recipe’s. My girlfriend & I discuss them everyday & decide which one’s we will do during the week. Thank you. It’s a very nice link.
Thank you so much Colleen!
This is great , do you have any halloween party ideas to share?
You can view all of my Halloween Posts here.
My mom LOVES stuff like this but can only eat white chocolate. I’m wondering if the filling will work with white chocolate chips?
I haven’t tried it with white chocolate so I can’t say for sure.
did you try the white chocolate if so how did it come out ? hasanyone try frozen strawberries to make this an can you freeze them after made and how long do they keep in frdge or freeer?
You mentioned in the ingredients list that vanilla is needed…. But you didn’t say WHAT vanilla; vanilla pudding, vanilla essence??? What kind of vanilla, I’m not sure what to stop for?
I used Vanilla extract.