I’ve been making chocolate covered strawberries forever… and for the last few years we’ve been enjoying Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries… so it was only a matter of time before the two came together! I have to tell you the results were amazing!
Seriously amazing! These ended up being our anniversary dessert this year but I sense that I will be bringing them to LOTS of upcoming gatherings with no leftovers!
Not only are they decadent and easy, the best part is that they are NO bake… perfect for summer time!
More Strawberry Favorites
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Strawberry Sauce
- Strawberry Poke Cake
CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE STUFFED STRAWBERRIES
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup whipped topping such as Cool Whip
- 3 tablespoons chocolate melts or chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons chocolate cookie crumbs
- Wash strawberries and dry well.
- Cut the tops off the strawberries and hollow them out using a small spoon or a strawberry huller (this is the type I use, works for tomatoes and strawberries).
- Place the 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips in a small dish and melt on 50% power for about 20 seconds.. continue in 15-second increments until the chocolate is melted
- Slice a thin piece of the bottom of each strawberry so it can stand up and pat it dry with a paper towel. Dip the bottom of each strawberry into chocolate and then into the cookie crumbs. Place on a parchment lined the pan.
- Dip the bottom of the strawberries in chocolate before filling with chocolate cheesecake!
CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- Place the 3/4 cup chocolate chips in a small dish and melt on 50% power for about 35 seconds.. continue in 20-second increments until the chocolate is melted. Cool.
- With the mixer on medium, combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, cocoa powder and sugar until fluffy. Add in cooled chocolate and mix on low until incorporated. Add in whipped topping and stir/mix just until combined.
- Place chocolate cheesecake filling in a ziploc bag or a decorating dispenser like the one I’ve used above. Pipe into the strawberries (there will be lots of filling, don’t be afraid to overfill!).
- Top with an additional piece of strawberry (I cut circles with a straw) and serve immediately or refrigerate up to 4 hours.