This is a fun take on the good ol’ banana split! Don’t be too scared off by the idea of coring strawberries… it’s actually super simple! It takes just a couple of seconds per strawberry using a tomato corer (they’re really inexpensive)! For the fudge sauce I used my homemade 5 minute Wicked Fudge Sauce as it keeps well in the fridge and I usually have it on hand.
When choosing strawberries for this recipe, try to choose the largest you can find. Smaller strawberries will work but the bigger ones are easier to work with . Be sure your strawberries are very dry before dipping in the chocolate because water can make the chocolate seize up! If you’d like to prep these ahead of time, you can prepare the filling up to 1 day ahead and refrigerate. The strawberries can then be assembled a couple of hours ahead of time.
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
* Strawberry/Tomato Corer * Ziploc Bag * Banana Pudding Mix *
Banana Split Stuffed Strawberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries more or less depending on size
- 4 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped nuts
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ banana mashed (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple well drained
- instant banana pudding mix or vanilla
- fudge sauce I used 5 Minute homemade sauce
- Combine heavy cream, cream cheese, powdered sugar and 4 tablespoons instant pudding mix with mixer on medium until thick and fluffy. Fold in banana & pineapple. Place in a ziploc and refrigerate.
- Wash & dry strawberries. Cut tops off and using a tomato corer, scoop out the center. Cut bottom off and make sure the strawberry stands upright. Stand on a paper towel to dry.
- Melt chocolate chips for about 25 seconds in the microwave, stir in butter until smooth. Dry each strawberry with a paper towel and dip in chocolate and then in nuts. Place on parchment paper and refrigerate 5 minutes or until set.
- Cut a corner off of the zippered bag and pipe filling into each strawberry. Top with desired toppings (chocolate, sprinkles, cherries).
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
More Recipes You’ll Love
* Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries * Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries * Cherry Cheesecake Dip *
I LOVE these! I have made them SO MANY times and a HUGE hit at parties and cookouts! Making them for a block party today, can’t wait! ❤️❤️❤️ A little time consuming but totally worth it!!
I’m excited to try this recipe. It sounds delicious.
Hi, we are doing a math project! The project was on desserts for our promotion dinner and we chose your dessert. This is such a fun idea and we are using this dessert and I hope they choose our dessert for the promotion dinner!
Good luck Madison! I’m so happy you love these great stuffed strawberries!
Thanks! I am very excited, and we are all ready to present to the judges!
Fingers crossed for you! Let us know how it goes!
Strawberries are my favorite fruit and this is yet another awesome way to showcase them! Perfect for a summer party, people will love them!
They look pretty this way for sure :)
I have a graduation party coming up next week and this is the perfect dessert to bring!! It’s not summer without banana split desserts, yum!
This is such a fun idea!!! These would be great for a party since they’re bite size!
This is such a cute idea and a new, and creative, way to make use of all of those summer strawberries. When I saw the name of this recipe,I had to check it out. Bookmarking this, so I can make it.
Oh, how fun! Those are the cutest little nibbles! I never thought of stuffing a strawberry, but they are so attractive. Great idea!
Thank you Anne!
Oh my! This looks and sounds like the ultimate summer treat! I can almost taste them!!! Can’t wait to try this recipe!
Do Anna, you’ll be glad you did!
This is a genius idea!!! Such a yummy dessert and finger food to bring to a summer party. I love it!
I love desserts made with strawberries! These look so yummy and I feel like since these are so small that I wouldn’t over indulge in them.
They’re a great little indulgent bite!
These strawberries look amazing, and pretty easy to make. It’s great that they are bite sized too!
Thank you Cathleen! Bite sized is great for a gathering!