Baked Brie is an appetizer that cheese lovers rave about, and for good reason!
A wheel of smooth Brie cheese is baked under a zesty pecan cranberry topping for a show stopping snack.
Spread it onto crackers, pita chips, or crostini.
- Skip the puff pastry, this recipe takes only a few minutes to prepare.
- The nutty pecan topping combined with the sweet and tart cranberries is a showstopper.
- The interior of this cheese melts into a melty cheese perfect for crackers or apple slices.
- It makes for an awesome spur-of-the-moment snack to offer guests any time of year!
Ingredients for Baked Brie
Brie – Brie is a soft, ripened cheese with a softer interior and a firmer exterior called the rind. It is usually sold in small, medium, or large wheels. The medium to small wheels are the best for this recipe.
Change the topping to change the flavor and go either sweet or savory. Our favorites are sweet and nutty, but almost any toppings work
- Jams, marmalades, competes or chopped dried fruit like apricots.
- Caramelized onions, balsamic vinegar
- Honey with chopped walnuts, almonds, or pistachios and sugared cranberries.
- Sundried tomatoes, olive oil, pine nuts, and fresh basil
- Homemade apple pie filling and nuts
How to Make Baked Brie
- Top the Brie with nuts, cranberry sauce, and maple syrup.
- Bake it in the oven (per the recipe below).
Tips for Baked Brie
- For even baking, bring the Brie to room temperature beforehand.
- Allow the Brie to cool slightly before breaking into it. If it’s too hot, the cheese will be too melty and gush everywhere.
- If the Brie starts to harden, place it in a small casserole dish (with sides as the cheese will melt) and reheat in the oven or microwave.
Garnish with fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme.
- It can be served with sliced baguette, crostini, or crackers.
- Fresh fruit platter is great with this baked Brie recipe. Grapes, apples, and melon pair well.
Storing Baked Brie
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for a few days or stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- The Brie can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator. Cook just before it is to be served. Don’t cook it ahead of time, or the cheese will solidify.
- To reheat the baked Brie, cover loosely in aluminum foil, and cook in a preheated 250°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Add a little water to the pan to keep the Brie moist.
Did you make this Baked Brie with Cranberries and Pecans? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Baked Brie with Cranberries & Pecans
- 1 wheel brie 8-12 ounces
- ¼ cup whole berry cranberry sauce or preserves
- ¼ cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread cranberry sauce over brie, combine pecans and maple syrup and spread on top.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is starting to melt. Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 10 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.