Sugared Cranberries are easy to make, require no baking and are the perfect way to make any dessert or cookie plate look gorgeous! Use them to top cupcakes, trifles or even just to snack on.
These gorgeous sugared cranberries need only two ingredients to sparkle and they’re really easy to make!
The type of sugar you use is completely up to you. A very fine sugar (or a berry sugar) will produce a thin even coating while a coarse sugar will give it a more of a crystallized look. If you look closely in the photos you can see I’ve used both types of sugar but mostly the bigger crystals… just personal preference! The decorating sugar is found in the baking area near the sprinkles.
A lot of recipes have you let them sit 8 hours in the simple syrup but I find it unnecessary.
These are perfect atop cakes, pies and cookies. They can beautify any cookie plate and look beautiful just served in a bowl on their own.
Sugared Cranberries (2 Ingredients)
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 12 oz cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- extra sugar for rolling (coarse or fine)
- Bring 3/4 cup each water and sugar to a boil. Let boil about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cranberries in.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove cranberries and place on a rack (reserve sugar mixture) and allow to drip dry for about 20-30 minutes. They should be tacky to the touch.
- Place cranberries, a few at a time, back into the sugar mixture which should still be warm.
- Roll each cranberry in sugar and place on parchment. Let dry 1 hour before handling.