This is an elegant & creamy Strawberry Salad Dressing that will grace even the simplest of salad greens.
Fresh & homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette is a recipe that’s sure to end up in the front of the recipe box! This dressing is so easy to make at home, all you need is a few fresh ingredients and a blender.
Homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette
We love dressings that are as easy as they are delicious.
- This dressing is ready in 5 minutes!
- It’s colorful, bright, and fresh.
- Use it on salads, as a dip, or as a marinade for fish or salmon!
- Homemade dressing means no preservatives or unknown ingredients.
Ingredients and Variations
VINEGAR This recipe uses red wine vinegar for a light, fruity acidic bite but you can certainly use another light-flavored vinegar.
OIL The flavors in this dressing are delicate so I use vegetable oil. If you do need to change the oil, I don’t recommend olive oil. You’ll want something with a lighter flavor.
SWEETENER Sugar can be switched out for a tablespoon of honey or a sugar-free sweetener like Swerve for a lower carb dressing.
EXTRAS For an extra creamy dressing, add diced avocados with the strawberries to the blender. Don’t forget, fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries, even cherries can be switched out for the strawberries.
Top your salad with sunflower seeds, walnuts, or even pepitas! Feel free to mix and match ingredients as long as the oil to acid ratio is maintained.
How to Make Strawberry Salad Dressing
- Pulse vinegar, sugar, salt, & mustard in a small food processor (or blender) until mixed.
- While blender is running on low, drizzle in oil until dressing is thickened.
- Add strawberries & blend until smooth.
- Chill before using.
The dressing can be strained if you’d like it to be a bit smoother but I personally don’t strain it.
Storing Homemade Salad Dressing
Keep creamy strawberry vinaigrette in a cruet or a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Or freeze cubes of strawberry vinaigrette in an ice cube tray and pop one or two out to mix into cream cheese for a tangy dip for crostini or bread.
Easy Homemade Vinaigrettes
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Spinach Salad Dressing
- Quick Lemon Vinaigrette
- Italian Dressing
- Easy Dijon Vinaigrette
Did you love this Strawberry Salad Dressing? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Strawberry Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup strawberries
- ½ teaspoon poppy seeds
- Combine vinegar, sugar, mustard, & salt in a blender and pulse to mix.
- With blender running on low, drizzle in vegetable oil until thickened.
- Add strawberries and blend until smooth.
- Drain the mixture through a fine strainer if desired. Stir in poppy seeds.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Recipe Adapted. “Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing”. Recipe. The Taste of Home Cookbook. Milwaukee, WI, 2019. 392. Print.