This avocado lime dressing will put a creamy and tangy twist on almost any summer salad!
Minutes to make and packed with creamy avocado and tangy lime, this simple dressing will be your new go-to for dipping and dressing all summer long.
Rich and creamy, it’s perfect for salads or even drizzling over fish tacos. So easy!
- This avocado lime dressing recipe is made with wholesome ingredients that are likely already on hand!
- It’s low-calorie, sugar-free, and keto-friendly.
- Make and use this multi-purpose dressing in so many recipes from salads to burgers!
Ingredients in Avocado Lime Dressing
Avocado: Get whole avocados that are slightly soft when you squeeze them. If needed, avocados can ripen on the counter. Once ripened, keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to use them.
Base: Greek yogurt or sour cream makes this dressing extra creamy.
Lime: Fresh lime not only adds a nice tangy flavor, it keeps the dressing from oxidizing (turning brown) so quickly. Lime can be replaced with lemon juice if you’d like.
Seasoning: Use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic, if desired. Add a little honey if you’d like.
- Replace parsley with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Stir in a pinch of ground cumin.
- Add other fresh herbs to your liking.
How to Make Avocado Lime Dressing
- Blend avocado and lime juice until smooth (as per the recipe below).
- Stir in remaining ingredients and whisk in milk to desired consistency.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before using.
This recipe uses a small food processor or blender for a smooth creamy texture. If you don’t have one, you can mash it very finely with a fork.
How to Use Avocado Lime Dressing
This creamy avocado dressing is great over romaine lettuce. Favorite additions include cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and radishes.
Use it as a dip for tortilla chips, drizzle over corn salad, tacos, or a black bean quinoa salad or burrito bowls. The possibilities are endless!
Keep avocado lime dressing in a jar and cover it with plastic wrap so the wrap is touching the top layer of the dressing. Keep for up to 3 days.
Did you make this Avocado Lime Dressing? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Avocado Lime Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt & pepper each, more to taste
- ⅓ cup milk or as needed
- Cut the avocado in half and remove and discard the pit.
- Add the avocado and the fresh lime juice to a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is smooth. If you don't have a food processor, use a fork to mash until very smooth.
- Add Greek yogurt or sour cream, olive oil, garlic, onion powder, parsley, salt, and pepper. Pulse until all ingredients are well combined.
- Whisk in milk as needed to reach the desired consistency. If you prefer a thinner consistency, add more milk.
- Transfer the dressing to a jar and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.