Citrus Strawberry Freezer Jam
Love it? Pin it (just click the photo)
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I made this a few days ago. Enough to fill up a couple of jars and a tiny bit extra. I let my daughter try the tiny bit extra… she was DYING to get into this jam. Here’s the problem. I made it because I wanted to get to the case of strawberries while they were still fresh (more recipes coming!) however, I didn’t have a chance to do my photos. So my daughter had to wait before she could eat it!
Finally today, I did my photos… and as soon as I was done, I gave her the green light. She ate 5, yes FIVE, slices of bread piled high with jam. It’s that good! It would make an amazing ice cream topper too!
If you’ve never made freezer jam, it’s incredibly easy! Mash fruit, add sugar & pectin, stir. That’s it!
There are a few changes in this recipe from the back of the packet of pectin in order to avoid it being runny with the citrus juices being added. The packet I had asked for 4 cups of fruit but I used only 3!!
This will take you about 10 minutes to put together. It does have to sit a bit… but wow is it ever worth it!
10 Minute Citrus Strawberry Freezer Jam! So easy, no canning required!
- 3 ¼ cups mashed strawberries
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- Freezer Jam Pectin (you can find this at Walmart or Target as well)
- Wash your strawberries and mash them until you have 3 ½ cups (the package says 4 but with the juices it becomes runny). You can leave bigger chunks if you like more fruit pieces in your jam.
- Zest the skin of 1 orange and ½ lemon being careful to only get the colored part of the skin and to avoid the white. Add to the strawberries.
- Juice 1 orange and ½ of the lemon and add to the strawberries.
- In a separate bowl, mix the freezer jam pectin and sugar together. Add in the strawberry mixture according to the directions on the package.
- Pour into freezer jam jars or glass jars.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)