Yummy Gooey PB & J Bars!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
How to Make Yummy Gooey PB & J Bars!
Pin now to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Gooey, peanut-buttery, and sweet, these bars are even more addictive and delicious than their bread-encased cousin, the good ‘ole PB & J sandwich. They should cool for a little while after coming out of the oven, but who has that kind of self-control?
PB & J Bars!
Gooey, peanut-buttery, and sweet, these bars are even more addictive and delicious than their bread-encased cousin, the good ‘ole PB & J sandwich.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or soynut butter
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1 cup strawberry jam , or jam of your choice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Do not preheat your oven.
- By hand or with a mixer, cream together sugar, peanut butter, and butter. Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- In a seperate bowl or large plastic ziplock bag, mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients slowly, mixing thoroughly, until a thick dough forms.
- Press 3/4 of the peanut butter dough into the bottom of a parchment paper-lined 9×13 baking dish. Place the dish in the fridge to chill for at least an hour, but no more than 1 day, allowing the butter to re-solidify. Place the other 1/4 of peanut butter dough in the freezer until ready to use, this will make it easier to crumble over the top of the bars before baking.
- When ready to bake, heat the strawberry jam in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until the jam is slightly more liquid. Spread it evenly over the peanut butter dough in the pan.
- Remove the rest of the peanut butter dough from the freezer and crumble it over the jam-covered dough in the pan.
- Bake in a non-preheated oven at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes, or until the top crust is golden brown and the jam is bubbly.
- Allow the bars to cool before attempting to slice, or you may have a sticky yet delicious mess on your hands.
PB & J Bars