This is a fun dessert for any time of year but especially for Halloween!
I used Homemade Jell-O worms for this recipe which I thought were super fun because they looked so real! Keep in mind that if you are making Jell-O worms, they need to set overnight (and can be a little messy to prepare). If you prefer you can use Gummy Worms to save time (and energy!)!
More Spook-tacular Recipes
Worms & Dirt Dessert!
- 2 packages (4 servings size) Instant Chocolate Pudding
- Milk required for pudding
- 1 ½ - 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- gummy worms or homemade Jell-O Worms (see recipe here)
- 6-8 small Mason jars or plastic cups (depending on the size you would like your desserts to be)
- If making your own Jell-O Worms, prepare them 1 day ahead of time.
- Prepare your cups by lining them up on the counter. Place 1 tablespoon of cookie crumbs in the bottom of each cup and add in one "worm".
- Prepare ONE box of pudding and quickly divide it between the cups. It sets quickly so you will want to do this fast so it can pour and set evenly.
- Top each cup with an additional tablespoon of cookie crumbs and another worm. Prepare the second box of pudding mix. Working quickly, add ½ cup of cookie crumbs and stir. Pour second layer of pudding in the cups. Top with additional worms and crumbs.
- Let set in the fridge for 5 minutes or until ready to serve.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)