Spooky glow in the dark drinks are the perfect addition to your fall festivities this year! They’re easy to make and all of the little ghouls in your life will love them!
Glow in the Dark Skeleton Juice is a fun and spooky mocktail to enjoy this Halloween! Easy to make using simple ingredients like grenadine, lemon lime soda and tonic water, these drinks are ‘spook’tacularly delicious too!
Halloween parties are so fun! With a little bit of creativity, your next Halloween bash (or even your Halloween Dinner) can go from fun to frightfully fantastic in no time! I love to host Halloween parties and the best ones are where your guests get into the party spirit too!
We set the mood with black lights and cobwebs and of course bowls full of yummy grabbable snacks!
This year, Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups Skulls have an awesome new spooky Skull shape and of course they’re filled with Butterfinger crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery flavor. We also love to grab Jumbo Variety Bags of Butterfinger, Nestlé Crunch, Baby Ruth, SweeTARTS, Nerds, & Laffy Taffy for parties and for our little Trick or Treaters! You can find these Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups Skulls at major retailers nationwide!
It’s the little things that can make your party extra special. This Glow in the Dark Skeleton Juice is simple to make and what makes extra fun is the ghastly straw and the fact that it glows in the dark!
The straw is sinisterly simple to make! We simply adhere Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups Skulls to straws with melted chocolate and allow to cool!
Next decorate clear bottles with eerie stickers and fill with grenadine, ice and tonic water mixed with lemon lime soda. Add in the sinister straw, flip on your black light and you have an unearthly cool party drink!
Why Does This Drink Glow?
What makes this Glow in the Dark Skeleton Juice glow mysteriously in the dark?
Tonic water is the creepy culprit! Tonic water contains quinine which makes the it fluoresce a bright blue when an ultraviolet black light is applied to it. What a neat way to make your party spine-chillingly fun!
While you’re at it, you can make lots of other great glowing snacks for Halloween!
More Glow in the Dark Halloween Treats & Eats
Just add in a black light for some inexpensive fun! In addition to glow in the dark stickers, and bright fluorescent decorations you can actually make your food glow too!
- Add tonic water to a gelatin dessert or even your punch bowl.
- Create a scary salad using cooking oil (glows yellow) or olive oil (glows orange) in the dressing.
- Ketchup (glows a dull yellow) is a fun condiment to have on hand for spooky sliders.
- Any recipe with milk (glows yellow) would be spine chillingly cool too! Milkshakes will not only give your guests brain freeze but be hair-raising as well!
Have fun this Halloween and incorporate Glow in the Dark Skeleton Juice into your party menu! Your family and guests will absolutely love your creepy concoction!
Glow in the Dark Skeleton Juice
- 2 tablespoons Cranberry Juice or Fruit Punch
- ¼ cup tonic water
- ¾ cup Gingerale or lemon-lime soda
- Place cranberry juice in the bottom of your glass or bottle.
- Fill your glass or container with ice.
- Combine tonic water and gingerale. Gently pour over the ice (so it runs down the ice without disturbing the cranberry juice.
- Turn on your black light and enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Perfect Halloween Party ideas:
- Send out a spooky Halloween invitation! I love to print out the details of the party such as times, where to park, etc. all with a spooky theme. You can make paper look old by dabbing strong tea on the paper and allowing it to dry. Once it is dry you can print the invite on the paper, then crumple it up tearing the edges or even burning the edges.
- Cool and spooky Halloween music! Music totally sets the tone of your party. Create a music mix that you know your guests will love.
- Decorations! Take a bit of time and decorate your yard and house, your guests will totally appreciate it!
- Games or crafts! Especially if you have little ones at your party, having some type of game or craft is a great idea! Having an activity helps keep the party interesting, fun and can be a super ice-breaker if you have guests who are not familiar with each other.
- Have prizes for your games and don’t forget a prize for best costume!
- Sinisterly super food and drinks are a must for a great party! And one easy and delicious drink that both adults and kids alike will love is this Glow in the Dark Skeleton Juice! It is such a fun addition to your party!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nestlé. The opinions and text are all mine.