Sweet Potato Hash is a great way to step up the breakfast game! Sweet potatoes, onions, and peppers are pan-fried until tender and topped with eggs.
This super easy recipe is perfect for breakfast or dinner!
An Anytime Favorite
- It’s a one-dish meal, which makes for an easy clean-up. Less mess, fewer dishes!
- Serve it any time. Sweet Potato Hash is great for breakfast, brunch, or a fun dinner.
- It’s healthy and full of flavor.
- This dish is versatile, got mushrooms in the fridge? Leftover roast veggies? Add them in!
Sweet potatoes and yams are chock full of Vitamin A, antioxidants, and tons of fiber though!
VEGGIES Sweet potatoes, bell peppers, and onion are all diced and thrown into the pan to sautee.
HAM Diced ham is stirred in with the veggies and cooked until tender. Swap with bacon or breakfast sausage if desired.
EGGS Wells are made in the veggie mixture and eggs are added in. Season with your favorite seasonings!
How to Make Sweet Potato Hash
A yummy breakfast side dish or main, this hash comes together with just a few minutes of prep!
- Saute vegetables (per recipe below).
- Create 4 “wells” in the sweet potato mixture. Crack an egg into each and season as desired.
- Bake until eggs are set.
Garnish and serve fresh out of the oven.
TIP: Eggs will continue to cook once the hash is removed from the oven. So be careful not to overcook.
Sweet potato hash is great as leftovers! Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave, adding a dash of salt and pepper to freshen the flavors.
Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Corned Beef Hash – one pan recipe
- Easy Baked Eggs – make ahead
- Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole – great for a crowd!
- Breakfast Burritos – freezer friendly
- Overnight Sausage Breakfast Casserole – make-ahead option!
- Ham & Hashbrown Breakfast Wraps – without eggs!
Did you enjoy this Sweet Potato Hash? Be sure to leave a rating and comment below!
Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 sweet potatoes chopped small (1/4"), approx 3/4 lb.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup onion or 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ cups ham diced
- 1 bell pepper diced any color
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potato and cook about 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in onions and butter. Cover with a lid and cook an additional 7 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Remove lid, stir in peppers and ham and cook 5-7 minutes longer until potatoes begin to crisp and peppers soften.
- Create 4 wells in the hash and break an egg into each hole. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your preference. Note, the eggs will continue to cook once removed from the oven so do not overcook.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.