Ham & hash browns loaded with cheddar and a quick honey mustard mayo make a perfect lunch or breakfast on the go! These breakfast wraps can be made ahead of time and frozen and since they contain no eggs, no microwave is required! Thank you to our friends at Flatout for sponsoring this delicious idea!
I love a good savory breakfast and will always choose ham and eggs over pancakes and waffles. My daughter loves a good savory breakfast too but she’s not an egg person. She won’t eat eggs no matter how you cook them (unless they’re in the form of a cake) which means more often than not she’ll choose a sweeter breakfast or just have hash browns, bacon and toast.
Because I always choose savory, I love breakfast wraps. They’re delicious and easy and loaded with so many great things! I wish my daughter liked them because I feel like they would make the perfect easy make ahead lunch too but… the eggs.
And then it occurred to me… why does a breakfast wrap HAVE to have eggs in it? Who makes the rules anyhow?
I mean if you like eggs then they’re great but if you don’t there are really so many other delicious things to add to a breakfast wrap. I used Flatout flatbreads to create these amazing ham and hash brown wraps with cheese and a creamy honey mustard mayo and without eggs for my daughter (and she and my niece are crazy for them) … and I have to admit, I love them too.
The best part is that they can be made ahead of time and then put in the freezer. We make a whole batch at once and then take them from the freezer the night before and add them to her lunch bag. By lunch they’re perfect and ready to eat. Since these breakfast wraps don’t contain eggs, they don’t even need to be heated. If my daughter is at home, she’ll pop them in the microwave for a little bit to melt the cheese but if she’s taking them to school she will eat them as is!
I prefer the “homestyle” hash browns in this recipe because of the texture but any variety would work including diced or shredded (you can even whip up your own from scratch if you prefer). I use a cheddar cheese because that’s our favorite with ham but again, this recipe is very versatile so feel free to use your favorite kind. Adding extra veggies into the hash browns while they’re cooking adds both extra flavor and nutrition into this recipe! Any variety of Flatout flatbread will work in this recipe, we used Original Light.
Hash Brown Breakfast Wraps (without egg)
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterestfor more great recipes!
- 1 package Flatout flatbreads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package frozen Homestyle or Diced Hash Browns (approx 32oz)
- 1/2 red bell pepper , diced
- seasoning salt to taste
- 6 oz thinly sliced ham
- 1 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach (optional)
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add hash browns and red pepper and season to taste with seasoning salt. Cook until softened and lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Combine honey mustard ingredients in a small bowl.
- Lay out 6 Flatout wraps. Spread honey mustard on the bottom 1/3 of the wrap.
- Top with spinach, 1 oz of ham, 1/2 cup of hash browns & cheddar cheese. Roll tightly.
- Roll each wrap in plastic wrap and label. Place rolls in a freezer bag.
- Heat on 75% powder for 90 seconds or until defrosted and heated through OR place Hash Brown wrap in the refrigerator overnight to pack in a lunch box. (No heating required).
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
This post has been sponsored by Flatout. All opinions are my own.
More recipes you’ll love