A Strawberry Parfait is a breakfast that tastes like dessert!
This fun and festive strawberry chocolate breakfast parfait is made with layers of either granola or chocolate muffins, homemade strawberry sauce, and yogurt.
This post has been sponsored by Garden Lites.
Fresh & Fruity Breakfast!
- Who says you can’t have cake for breakfast? Breakfast parfaits taste and look like little decadent desserts but have layers of nutritious berries and yogurt.
- We add in chocolate flavor with either layer of chocolate granola or chocolate muffins (homemade or Garden Lites veggie-based muffins)!
- No-cook, no-bake, and easy to make ahead of time!
- No fancy parfait glasses? Use any clear cups or small mason jars to see the layers!
What’s in a Strawberry Parfait?
YOGURT: Vanilla Greek yogurt is thicker and firmer but your favorite yogurt can be used in this recipe. Get creative with other flavors of yogurt-like strawberry, banana, or mix and match them all!
STRAWBERRY SAUCE: Of course, you can use sliced berries but we love to make a quick strawberry sauce so it soaks into the yogurt and granola layers. Try any jewel-toned fruits like strawberries, blueberries, cherries, raspberries, and even rhubarb to create a signature sauce. Double up the sauce, it can be enjoyed on everything from ice cream to waffles.
How to Make a Strawberry Parfait
- Prepare strawberry sauce per recipe below and allow to cool.
- Layer sliced strawberries on the bottom of 4 parfait cups.
- Add layers of granola or muffins, yogurt, and strawberry sauce.
- Make parfaits the night before and cover them with plastic wrap. Just before serving, top with whipped cream if desired.
- Keep leftover strawberry parfaits covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Serve individually or scoop out leftovers and spread them in a casserole dish. Add fresh whipped cream and desired toppings and serve.
Breakfast or Dessert?
- Apple Hand Pies – perfectly portable
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls – with cream cheese icing
- Warm Apple Pie Bread – so moist & crumbly
- Easy Air Fryer Donuts – only 4 ingredients
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – a reader fave
Did you make these Strawberry Parfaits? Leave us a comment and a rating below!
Strawberry Chocolate Breakfast Parfait
- 1 cup chocolate granola or chocolate muffins
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping optional
- 1 pint strawberries divided
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey or sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Wash and chop strawberries into small pieces. Add honey, vanilla, and ⅔ of the chopped strawberries to a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until juices are released and slightly thickened (about 12-15 minutes). Sauce will thicken more while cooling.
- Stir in remaining strawberries and remove from heat. Cool completely.
- Layer ¼ cup of fresh sliced strawberries on the bottom of each container.
- If using muffins, cut them into cubes. Place a layer of granola or muffins on top of the strawberries.
- Top with ¼ cup Greek yogurt and 2 tablespoons strawberry sauce.
- Repeat layers. Top with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Garden Lites. The opinions and text are all mine.