This post is sponsored by Walmart and SheKnows Media
Shrimp Stir Fry with zucchini spirals is a fun, easy, and healthy dinner option! Zucchini noodles (or ‘zoodles’ as we call them) are tossed with deliciously juicy shrimp and fresh vegetables to give you a great dinner option that the whole family will love!
I have created a recipe that is perfect to add to your dinner recipe rotation. Loaded with flavor, this is going to become a go-to recipe in your family too!
I always have trouble deciding what to make for dinner since school-year evenings are busy and to be honest, I don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen during the summer months!
I’m always looking for dishes that I can whip up in just minutes with very little effort and this shrimp stir fry recipe definitely tops the list.
There are so many reasons a simple shrimp stir fry is one of my go-to recipes! It’s ready in minutes, pretty much any vegetable in your fridge can be added, everyone loves it and it’s healthy!
We often serve stir-fry with our favorite fried rice and Crispy Homemade Egg Rolls for a perfect meal! In the summer we usually try to eat a bit lighter so we tend to forgo the carb heavy rice or noodles in exchange for a lighter option.
We love noodles so often sub in zucchini noodles in place of carb-laden egg noodles. Being that this recipe takes just minutes to prep, I love to use Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Zucchini noodles since they’re ready to go making this entire recipe a breeze!
How to Make Shrimp Stir Fry
This recipe is incredibly simple to make and only needs about 20 minutes start to finish!
- Cook Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ according to package directions.
- Cook shrimp and fresh veggies.
- Add in stir fry sauce and zucchini spirals and heat through.
The beautiful thing about this recipe is how many different things you can do with it. Add some chicken to create a chicken and shrimp stir fry! Customize it with some fresh vegetables from your garden, or from the amazing selection of fresh produce from Walmart!
Change up the protein based on what you have on hand, add in a handful of cashews to make a yummy Cashew Stir Fry.
Where to Buy Zucchini Noodles
Green Giant Veggie Spirals Zucchini noodles are the perfect addition to any recipe with noodles! I sometimes replace pasta in my favorite recipes or combine spaghetti noodles with zucchini spirals in the same dish to add some extra veggies! Zucchini noodles are perfect topped with Homemade Pasta Sauce or we even cook them with a bit of garlic, cream cheese and salt & pepper as a side dish everyone loves!
Veggie Spirals aren’t just zucchini, Green Giant has 4 great Veggie Spirals varieties available at Walmart including zucchini, beet, carrot and butternut squash!
All of them are super quick to cook and are unseasoned meaning you can add them to your favorite dishes in place of traditional noodles (like our fave Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry)! I like to stock up on these and keep them in the freezer so they’re ready to go whenever we need a quick meal!
Shrimp Stir Fry with Zucchini Noodles
- ½ pound shrimp medium peeled & deveined
- 12 ounces Green Giant Zucchini Veggie Spirals™ 1 package
- 1 carrot julienned or ½ cup matchstick carrots
- 1 red pepper sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
Stir Fry Sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or to taste
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds optional topping
- 1 tablespoon scallions chopped, optional topping
- Prepare zucchini noodles according to package instructions by either microwaving, boiling, or steaming. When finished cooking, drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a separate large pan or wok over medium heat. Add shrimp in a single layer and cook on both sides until pink (about 2-3 minutes). Transfer shrimp to a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add red pepper strips and carrot. Cook until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add minced ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for sauce (chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, corn starch, Sriracha, and sesame oil) and set aside.
- Return cooked shrimp and zucchini noodles to the pan and pour prepared stir fry sauce evenly over all ingredients.
- Stir well and increase heat to high. Cook until sauce is thickened.
- Serve topped with sesame seeds and/or scallions, if desired.
- Green Giant makes beet, carrot, and butternut squash veggie noodles that can be used as an alternative to zucchini spirals.
- If zucchini spirals aren't available in the frozen food section, you can make your own with this easy zoodles recipe.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
I can’t wait to try this recipe!
This was EXCELLENT!
instead of shrimp ,I used my leftover Salmon and it was fine.
This recipe was so good that my family is asking for it again this week. Only issue I had was that I didn’t make enough for more than 1 serving per person. This week…doubling it. Definitely a keeper!
Is there a ready made stir fry sauce?
Hi Carol, you could try substituting the stir fry sauce for one from your local grocery store.
This was fantastic! My zucchini noodles were fresh so I just added them the last 2 minutes with the red bell pepper and carrot. I also cooked 6 sea scallops in a separate pan and tossed in the sauce with the shrimp. We loved this dish!
I bet the scallops were a delicious addition! So glad you loved it Dee!
What can be subituted for the carrots and brown sugar ,please make it keto friendly. Carbs are too high.
You can omit the carrots and brown sugar, or you can add keto friendly vegetables in place of the carrots and a small amount of a keto friendly sweetener to the sauce.
This was an awesome stir fry seasoning, I Loved it! I added more veggies and had spiralized zucchini on side, will make again and again!
Glad you loved it Sue!
My husband and I are trying this whole “keto diet” thing for dinner and this looks like it fits the bill. I already put this on my dinner menu for next week!
A perfect recipe for any night of the week. I love how easy this is to prepare and healthy. The family will enjoy this often.
I’ve been on look out for many many clean eating recipes, because you can never have enough of light lunch that is healthy and satisfying. This shrimp and zucchini noodles fits the bill. Looks like one satisfying meal
Thank you Jo! I hope you love it!
I love zucchini noodles, we eat it regularly at home and I’m always looking or new recipes to try – will definitely make this soon!
Such a gorgeous meal, I love using their zucchini spirals and am going to have to make this soon!
Enjoy Stacey, we love stir fry!
I love super easy healthy meals like this one. Looks so delicious and flavorful. It’s loaded with veggies and I like that very much. Can’t wait to make this.
You’re welcome Natalie! Enjoy!
I’m a big fan of zucchini noodles and this looks like a great way to use them for a quick, easy weeknight dinner!
Big fans here too! My entire family loves them!
This is such a perfect, and QUICK, weeknight dinner! The weeknight dinner struggle is real – tucking this away for a “got stuck at work late” night!
Yes, quick AND healthy, perfect for when you’re running late!
UMMM yum!!! This looks fantastic! I also love how you can buy zoodles like that in a package. I had no idea! This would save me time. Can’t wait to try it!
Three things that never get old- shrimp, zucchini and stirfry!!! Totally putting this in my weeknight dinner rotation. Thanks!
This looks like an amazing weeknight meal! Love those frozen zucchini noodles!
They’re a lifesaver Jenni!
This looks like a great weeknight dinner! Prepackaged zoodles is something new and saves so much time! Awesome idea
Thank you Elena, I love them for how convenient they are!
This looks great! I love zoodles! Except I lost my spiralizer in a move lol. Did not know they come prepackaged now. SCORE!
Thank you Averie!! We love zoodles too… and love the convenience of having them ready to go!