This post is sponsored by Walmart and SheKnows Media
Shrimp Stir Fry with zucchini spirals is a fun, easy, and healthy dinner option! Zucchini noodles (or ‘zoodles’ as we call them) are tossed with deliciously juicy shrimp and fresh vegetables to give you a great dinner option that the whole family will love!
I have created a recipe that is perfect to add to your dinner recipe rotation. Loaded with flavor, this is going to become a go-to recipe in your family too!
I always have trouble deciding what to make for dinner since school-year evenings are busy and to be honest, I don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen during the summer months!
I’m always looking for dishes that I can whip up in just minutes with very little effort and this shrimp stir fry recipe definitely tops the list.
There are so many reasons a simple shrimp stir fry is one of my go-to recipes! It’s ready in minutes, pretty much any vegetable in your fridge can be added, everyone loves it and it’s healthy!
We often serve stir-fry with our favorite fried rice and Crispy Homemade Egg Rolls for a perfect meal! In the summer we usually try to eat a bit lighter so we tend to forgo the carb heavy rice or noodles in exchange for a lighter option.
We love noodles so often sub in zucchini noodles in place of carb-laden egg noodles. Being that this recipe takes just minutes to prep, I love to use Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ Zucchini noodles since they’re ready to go making this entire recipe a breeze!
How to Make Shrimp Stir Fry
This recipe is incredibly simple to make and only needs about 20 minutes start to finish!
- Cook Green Giant Veggie Spirals™ according to package directions.
- Cook shrimp and fresh veggies.
- Add in stir fry sauce and zucchini spirals and heat through.
The beautiful thing about this recipe is how many different things you can do with it. Add some chicken to create a chicken and shrimp stir fry! Customize it with some fresh vegetables from your garden, or from the amazing selection of fresh produce from Walmart!
Change up the protein based on what you have on hand, add in a handful of cashews to make a yummy Cashew Stir Fry.
Where to Buy Zucchini Noodles
Green Giant Veggie Spirals Zucchini noodles are the perfect addition to any recipe with noodles! I sometimes replace pasta in my favorite recipes or combine spaghetti noodles with zucchini spirals in the same dish to add some extra veggies! Zucchini noodles are perfect topped with Homemade Pasta Sauce or we even cook them with a bit of garlic, cream cheese and salt & pepper as a side dish everyone loves!
Veggie Spirals aren’t just zucchini, Green Giant has 4 great Veggie Spirals varieties available at Walmart including zucchini, beet, carrot and butternut squash!
All of them are super quick to cook and are unseasoned meaning you can add them to your favorite dishes in place of traditional noodles (like our fave Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry)! I like to stock up on these and keep them in the freezer so they’re ready to go whenever we need a quick meal!
Shrimp Stir Fry
- 12 oz Green Giant Zucchini Veggie Spirals™ (1 package)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 lb medium peeled deveined shrimp
- 1 red pepper sliced into strips
- 1 carrot julienned or 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons tightly packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- sesame seeds and chopped scallions for topping optional
- Prepare Zucchini noodles according to package instructions by either microwaving, boiling, or steaming. When finished cooking, drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a separate large pan or wok over medium heat. Add shrimp in a single layer and cook on both sides until pink (about 2-3 minutes). Transfer shrimp to a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add red pepper strips and carrot. Cook until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add minced ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for Stir Fry Sauce (chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, corn starch, Sriracha, and sesame oil) and set aside.
- Return cooked shrimp and zucchini noodles to the pan and pour prepared stir fry sauce evenly over all ingredients.
- Stir well and increase heat to high. Cook until sauce is thickened.
- Serve topped with sesame seeds and/or scallions, if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)