Tender flatbread filled with creamy spinach and artichoke dip and rolled into bite sized pinwheels.
This easy appetizer is the perfect addition to your next party, family gathering or luncheon!
I am so excited to have partnered with Flatout Flatbread® to bring you this easy appetizer recipe.
Spinach Artichoke Pinwheels contain the delicious flavors of spinach dip all rolled up in a tidy little bite!
Regardless of how it’s served, it always seems to be the one appetizer everyone goes for! Combining those same delicious flavors in an easy make ahead pinwheel is the perfect potluck recipe!
The secret to these savory swirls is to prepare them well in advance in order for the creamy layer to become firm enough to slice.
If you happen to be in a rush and need them right away, they’re still delicious but ensure you use a very sharp knife so the spinach mixture doesn’t squish out.
I do use frozen chopped spinach in these pinwheels, if you happen to have fresh on hand, you can substitute it in this recipe using the method below!
How to Substitute Fresh Spinach for Frozen Spinach
Like many dips, this recipe starts with a package of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry. Frozen chopped spinach is both convenient and inexpensive but you can easily substitute fresh spinach for frozen spinach.
You will need, just one ingredient… 1 lb of fresh spinach. This will look like a lot of spinach but don’t worry, it reduces to approximately 1 ¼ cups.
How to prepare fresh spinach for dips
- Remove any long or tough stems.
- Place the fresh spinach in a large non-stick pan for over medium high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until the spinach is cooked through (3-4 minutes).
- Cool slightly. Place spinach on a cutting board and chop.
- Using your hands, squeeze as much liquid out of the spinach as possible. Separate (or fluff it up) and use as directed in your recipe.
This is a great method to use fresh spinach instead of frozen but it’s also great to use if your spinach is ready to expire. Simply follow the instructions above and then freeze the cooked and cooled spinach in a freezer bag for future use.
Ok, back to these amazing roll ups!!
They are so soft yet hold together perfectly without cracking which makes them the ideal choice to roll up these pinwheels.
Find Flatout near you here!
To wrap these I use either Original Flatout Flatbreads or light however any of the Flatout wraps would work perfectly in this recipe.
While these Spinach Artichoke Pinwheels are perfectly color-coordinated for Christmas parties, they are super any time of the year or any occasion!
From Halloween parties to snacks at Super Bowl to Sunday brunch, these twisted wheels are perfect to nibble on anytime!
Spinach Artichoke Pinwheels
- 1 package Flatout Flatbread regular or light
Spinach Artichoke Filling
- 1 package cream cheese softened (8 oz)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 packet dry vegetable soup mix
- ¼ cup pimentos diced and drained
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach thawed drained & squeezed dry (10 ounces)
- 1 can artichoke hearts water packed, 13-14 ounces
- With a mixer on medium, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream until fluffy.
- Stir in remaining dip ingredients.
- Divide the filling equally over 6 Flatout flatbreads and spread evenly leaving a 1″ border.
- Gently roll each flatbread, jelly roll style. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Once chilled, cut each roll into 6 slices.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Mexican Pinwheels
- Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip (in a bread bowl)
- Cranberry Feta Pinwheels
- Easy Turkey Wraps
- Cranberry Brie Bites
I am excited to have partnered with Flatout Flatbread to bring you this delicious recipe. While I was compensated for this post, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Working with great brands I love allows me to keep bringing you the great recipes you love!