Sour Patch Grapes – how much fun is that? We love fresh fruit salad in the summer and are always looking for more fun ways to eat fruit!
Grab your favorite kid(s), some Jell-o powder and a pound or two of fresh green or purple grapes and create your own sour patch grape candy!
They’re a great way to cool down in the summer without eating TOO much sugar, just like these real fruit melon berry popsicles! What a fun and tasty snack to make for a sleepover or after soccer practice!
How to Make Sour Patch Grapes
When making sour patch grapes you can use either red or green grapes. I like to pick grapes to go with the color of jello I am using! Green grapes with lighter lime or lemon flavors, red grapes with darker berry flavors.
- Wash grapes thoroughly in cold water and remove stems. Keep grapes cold and wet. Use a water mister to keep them wet, if necessary.
- Spread desired flavor of Jello powder in a shallow dish and roll the wet grapes in the powder until they are completely coated.
- Move the sour patch grape candy to a baking pan with parchment paper on it and place in the refrigerator. Chill at least an hour or overnight.
You can also freeze your sour patch grapes for an extra cold crunch, especially on hot days!
Best Flavors for Sour Patch Grapes
Mix and match flavors! Try strawberry lemonade or pineapple orange. Naturally, all the ‘sour’ flavors too! Lemon, sour cherry or sour watermelon are always favorites!
We used a bright lime Jello powder for these sour patch kids grapes! Kinda’ makes my mouth pucker up just thinking about the crunchy, crispy combination of cold and tart!
More Tasty Treats
- Dr Pepper Jello Salad – retro dessert loaded with fruit!
- Homemade Banana Pudding – layers of fresh bananas.
- Homemade Nutella Recipe – make in 20 mins!
- Raspberry Cheesecake Dessert Shooters – perfect no-bake portions.
Sour Patch Grapes
- 1 lb Grapes green or red
- 1 box Jello Powder
Remove all the grapes from the stems and wash.
Pour Jello powder into a small bowl
While the grapes are still wet, roll them in the dry jello powder (the powder will stick to the grapes).
Place on a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and place in the fridge to dry at least one hour or overnight.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)