Ok, I literally could’ve eaten the whole entire pot of this… absolutely delicious!
Let me start by saying, I’ve never been to Philly and I know these aren’t “authentic”. But I am telling you they are darn DELICIOUS!
I had to make that statement that because it seems people get really passionate about cheesesteak. I’ve had cheesesteak in the mall (at a place called Philly Cheesesteak) and it had peppers on it. Arby’s sells a “Philly Beef ‘n Swiss” which I love… it has peppers on it. Some people say “real” cheesesteak doesn’t have peppers on it, others think it does.. but this recipe definitely has peppers and I hope you love it as much as I do.
We served this on rolls, but I’ve also tossed it with egg noodles in the past because there is a little bit of sauce in the bottom. Either way, it’s super easy and tastes amazing! Enjoy!
Items You’ll Need for this Recipe:
Click print here ↓
SLOW COOKER CHEESESTEAK SLOPPY JOES (GROUND BEEF)
- 1 lb . ground beef
- 1 clove garlic
- black pepper to taste
- 1 large or 2 small onions slivered
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 1/2 cups thickly sliced mushrooms optional
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 can low sodium condensed French Onion soup or beef broth if you can’t find French Onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded provolone or mozzarella or a combination
- Brown ground beef and garlic in a pan. Try not to break the beef up too much, you want to have the pieces a good size. Drain any fat.
- Place beef, onions, pepper and mushrooms (if using) into a slow cooker. Toss with flour and pepper to taste.
- Pour soup & Worcestershire sauce over top of mixture and cook on low 4-5 hours.
- Remove lid, sprinkle with cheese and replace lid for a few minutes until it melts.
- Serve on rolls or toss with pasta!