Nothing like coming home to a meal ready and waiting for you! In this recipe, you can just toss a few items into the slow cooker before you leave for the day and come home to an amazing dinner!
This is also great to serve a crowd because it can easily sit on the warm setting in the slow cooker for a while!
Click print here ↓
Slow Cooker Cheesesteak Recipe
- 2 lb beef roast chuck or pot roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10.5 oz beef broth low sodium
- 2 onions sliced
- 10.5 oz onion soup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 bell peppers sliced (yellow, red or green)
- 8 oz sliced provolone or American cheese
- 8 hoagie or sub rolls
- Season beef with salt & pepper. Heat olive oil over medium high heat and brown beef on all sides. Place in the slow cooker.
- Add broth to the pan scraping up any brown bits. Add to the slow cooker with onions, onion soup, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Cook on low 8 hours adding peppers during last 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Open sub rolls top with cheese on each side. Bake about 5 minutes or just until cheese is melted. Top with beef and peppers.