Buffalo Chicken Pasta is an easy one-dish delish casserole with extra quick prep time.
A quick baked pasta casserole with shredded chicken and tender pasta in a shortcut creamy buffalo pasta sauce.
This is the ultimate combo for those of us who love a little heat and lots of melty cheese! What’s not to love!?
Quick & Easy Buffalo Pasta
- Buffalo chicken pasta bake is a crowd-pleasing pasta recipe favorite.
- Since this is made with leftover, rotisserie, or cooked chicken, it’s quick and easy to prepare.
- It can be prepped ahead of time and baked before serving.
- On game-day keep it warm in a crockpot and let guests help themselves!
- DIY your own buffalo sauce and ranch seasoning or use your favorite buffalo wing sauce to make it easy.
Ingredients and Variations
PRO TIP: Cook pasta to al dente (‘to the bite’) because the pasta will cook a little more in the oven.
SAUCE There’s no whisking or roux, this sauce is a shortcut favorite. Use a hand mixer to get the smoothest results and no pre-cooking required.
Sour cream and cream cheese, milk, buffalo sauce, condensed chicken soup, and ranch powder.
CHEESE The cheesy combo of Monterey Jack cheese and cheddar brings this dish together. Try any combination of Pepper Jack, Mozzarella cheese, or Mexican Cotija. Don’t forget the sliced green onion topping.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Keep this cheesy, creamy, pasta dish on hand.
- Cook pasta.
- While pasta is cooking mix the sauce ingredients together, add the chicken.
- Combine with pasta, top with cheese, and bake per the recipe below.
Literally so easy.
How to Make Ahead
Assemble pasta bake and keep it covered in the refrigerator until it’s ready to bake. It’s a tasty takeaway main dish for potlucks and parties. Or, portion the casserole for grab-and-go workday lunches.
Keep leftover buffalo ranch pasta bake covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat portions on the stove by adding a little milk to loosen up the sauce. Freeze cooled pasta in zippered bags with the date labeled on the outside for up to 6 weeks.
Pasta for Days!
- Quick & Creamy Spinach Pasta – a meatless meal
- Homemade Mac and Cheese Casserole – so rich & creamy
- Cheesy Sausage Pasta – a one-pot wonder
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole with Ham – made from scratch
- Homemade Chicken Alfredo – a 30 minute meal
Did your family love this Ranch Buffalo Pasta Bake? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- 12 ounces penne or any medium pasta
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 10.5 oz condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup buffalo sauce divided
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 cup Monterey jack shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, combine sour cream, soup, cream cheese, milk, ¼ cup of buffalo sauce, and ranch seasoning with a hand mixer (or spoon) until fully combined.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken, pasta, sauce mixture, and half of each of the cheese. Spread into the prepared pan.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining buffalo sauce and garnish with additional green onions if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
The original recipe for this pasta included a product no longer available. The recipe has been updated.