Quick Chicken Parmesan Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
How to Make Quick Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Pin now to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
When I saw this easy take on the classic Chicken Parmesan over at Food Wishes, I knew I had to give it a try!! I love making my own sauce, the flavor is amazing and it doesn’t take that long!
The croutons or crackers in this recipe soak up some of the sauce on the bottom but stay nice and crispy on top creating a delicious crust! This easy casserole was a huge hit with my whole family!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 large or 5 small Chicken Breasts Cut into 2.5" Chunks
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 oz fresh Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil & parsley
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups of coarsely crushed crackers (Ritz work well) or 5oz Bag of Garlic (or seasoned) Croutons
Heat 2 tablespoons oil, onion and garlic over medium heat until fragrant. Add basil, parsley and tomatoes. Simmer uncovered on low about 15 minutes or until thickened.
In a pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, chicken and italian seasoning.
Cook until chicken is just cooked through. Place chicken in a greased casserole dish. Pour sauce over top.
Top with 1/2 of each cheese, all of the crackers or croutons and finally the remaining half of the cheeses.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
This recipe was inspired by Food Wishes