Hamburger Casserole is an honest to goodness quick and easy meal! Using quality ingredients like lean ground beef, pasta sauce, tomatoes and of course my favorite spices, you know the end result is going to be over the top tasty!
We serve this delicious meal with a fresh salad and 30 Minute Dinner Rolls for a complete meal my whole family loves!
Thank you to McCormick for partnering with me to create this amazing belly warming casserole to share with all of you!
One of the best parts about creating recipes and sharing them with you is all of the cool things I get to learn and experience! I recently got to spend some time with the McCormick flavor experts and learned to be a flavor expert myself! The care and detail put into all of the spices they produce is amazing and made me excited to get in the kitchen and start creating! I’m super excited to share what I’ve learned!
I know how much you guys love my Easy Hamburger Soup, so it was only natural I would take those same amazing flavors and create a delicious hamburger casserole!
How to Make Hamburger Casserole
Hamburger Casserole is really easy to make! This meal starts with ground beef (aka hamburger meat) cooked with onions, salt and pepper.
Next I stir in some veggies (I use frozen to make it easy but fresh work well too), tomatoes and McCormick Oregano, McCormick Basil Leaves and McCormick Garlic Powder for flavor! The sauce simmers for a few minutes while the pasta cooks to allow all of the spices and flavors to blend. Finally stir the meat sauce and pasta together top with cheese and bake!
You can count on McCormick for their commitment to pure ingredients and Oregano is no exception – it is an herb that is so versatile and I love the addition in this sauce! McCormick’s Oregano is bright green as a high quality oregano should be. In McCormick Oregano, it’s easy to see actual chopped oregano leaves with no green fillers, large stems or buds (which can be bitter) as I’ve noticed in other brands. You’ll find oregano in countless meals from Baked Spaghetti to lamb or beef!
It’s a typical spice that reminds me of pizza and I love how it pairs with any tomato-based dish from Oven Roasted Tomatoes to a fresh Fresh Tomato Salad and of course any type of tomato-based sauce like this Hamburger Casserole recipe!
Top Spice Tips
Spices are an easy (and affordable) way to add an abundance of flavor to any recipe for only pennies per dish! McCormick ensures they provide sustainably-sourced spices and have a commitment to quality. Spices last for years if stored properly and I love that I can open up my spice cabinet and be welcomed to a whole world of culinary flavors!
It is no wonder we are able to create meals from recipes that span across the globe, simply because we have the ability to access these delicious spices! Here are my fave tips for keeping your spices fresh:
- No Heat or Light: Store in a dark space away from heat. Light, sunshine and heat can make your spices deteriorate quickly.
- No Moisture: To make sure your spices don’t expire more quickly, use a spoon to add spices directly to your cooking pot or skillet to prevent moisture from steam.
- Do Not Freeze: McCormick doesn’t recommend freezing your spices as it can cause condensation (although red pepper spices like paprika & chili powder can be stored in the fridge to maintain their fresh flavor longer).
- Use Good Quality: McCormick Spices can last up to 2-3 years if stored properly and one bottle can season countless meals. Spending an extra dollar on a bottle, making sure you’re getting the best possible quality spices, means only pennies per dish. You’ll be amazed at the difference in flavor a quality spice will make!
- Season Throughout: Layer spices throughout your dish for the best flavor, season and taste each step along the way!
How Long Do You Bake Hamburger Casserole?
This easy hamburger casserole bakes for about 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. The baking step allows some of the sauce to soak into the noodles ensuring every bit has lots of flavor!
If you make this dish ahead of time, I would suggest you take it out of the fridge about 30 minutes before baking. You may need to add a few minutes onto the cook time if it’s chilled when it goes into the oven.
What to Serve With Hamburger Casserole
Hamburger Casserole has pretty much everything you need in a meal, lean beef, pasta and veggies. We sometimes serve it with a fresh salad and Easy Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits to sop up any yummy sauce left in the bowl.
More Easy Casserole Dishes You’ll Love
- Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Tater Tot Casserole
- 4 Ingredient Chicken Rice Casserole
- Baked Spaghetti
- 6 ounces egg noodles about 3 cups dry
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 14 ounces pasta sauce canned/jarred
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, canned drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Oregano Leaves
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Basil Leaves
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat. Drain any fat.
- Add pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, frozen vegetables, oregano, basil, garlic powder and salt & pepper. Simmer 3-4 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Combine noodles, meat sauce and 1 cup of cheese in a 2 ½ QT casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake 20-22 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)