Welcome all things fall and whip up a batch of pumpkin pie bars!
Pumpkin puree is mixed with sugar and spice, then baked in a buttery shortbread crust.
The result? A delightful dessert that you’ll crave on repeat!
A Fall Favorite
- This easy recipe tastes like pumpkin pie and packed with sweet spiced pumpkin flavor!
- Make them ahead, these pumpkin pie bars have simple ingredients and are perfect for making ahead of time.
- Easy serving! Cut into squares any size you need to serve a few or serve a crowd.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pie Bars
Pumpkin – Use canned pumpkin, be sure to choose pumpkin puree and not pumpkin filling (which is already seasoned and contains milk and sugar).
Filling Eggs, evaporated milk, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice are all you need to make this recipe come together. Easy peasy!
Variations – Mix in a tablespoon of maple syrup in Step 4 for a deeper flavor. Dried cranberries or toasted chopped walnuts can also be folded into the batter after the evaporated milk is poured in Step 5.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Prepare and bake shortbread crust (per the recipe below).
- Combine the remaining ingredients (except evaporated milk) in a large bowl.
- Stir in the evaporated milk and pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake until the center of the pumpkin pie bars is set.
- Cool completely and refrigerate before serving with whipped cream.
A few squirts of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel syrup turn pumpkin pie bars into a decadent dessert. Candied pecans or homemade granola also make tasty and crunchy toppers for pumpkin pie bars!
Keeping Pumpkin Bars Fresh
Keep leftover pumpkin pie bars covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy them cold or heat them up in the microwave!
Squares can be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for up to 3 months. Frozen bars will thaw by lunchtime so stick them directly in your lunchbag!
Did your family love these Pumpkin Pie Bars? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 29 ounces pumpkin puree 1 can
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 ounces evaporated milk 2 cans
- whipped cream or whipped topping for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×13" pan with parchment paper or grease lightly.
- Combine shortbread crust ingredients with a mixer or pastry cutter until the crumbs start to stick together. Press firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Leave the oven on.
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir in the evaporated milk. Pour into warm crust.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until the center is set and no longer jiggly. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight. Serve topped with whipped cream.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.