This 3-ingredient pumpkin dump cake is the perfect way to welcome in all things fall!
A boxed spice cake, some eggs, and of course, pumpkin, make this easy recipe ideal for a quick prep dessert or fun holiday get-together!
Rich and spicy flavors and a heavenly aroma make this cake a definite rotation recipe all season long!
3 Ingredient Spice Cake
- Five minutes of prep is all you’ll need to make this easy pumpkin cake recipe.
- One bowl = less mess, fewer dishes to wash.
- Three ingredients are all it takes to make this moist spice cake. The pumpkin adds moisture and the taste is very subtle.
- This cake comes out extra moist and since we don’t add oil, it’s got a fraction of the fat (and more fiber) than a regular spice cake.
- Bake ahead and enjoy all week, the flavor just gets better.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Cake
Cake Mix – Starting with a ready-made spice cake mix is what makes this recipe so quick. Just add eggs and pumpkin.
Pumpkin – Canned pumpkin and pumpkin puree are the same (make sure you’re not buying pumpkin pie mix). You can use homemade pumpkin puree from scratch, just be sure to drain very well.
Mix-ins – Even though this recipe stands on its own, it’s easy to add some extras! Add extra cinnamon, ginger or nutmeg, or even pumpkin pie spice.
Some dried cranberries, raisins, chopped pecans/walnuts, or even mini chocolate chips or butterscotch chips make this a new cake every time!
How to Make Pumpkin Dump Cake
When it comes to baking, it doesn’t get much easier than two simple steps!
- Combine all the ingredients and mix on medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9 x 13″ pan and bake until a wooden pick in the center comes out clean.
- Cool and frost if desired.
How to Store
- This cake can be stored at room temperature.
- Pumpkin spice cake can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days.
- The cooled cake can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months (making it perfect for Thanksgiving). Thaw in the fridge before enjoying.
Did your family love this Pumpkin Dump Cake? Leave a rating and a comment below!
Pumpkin Dump Cake (3 Ingredient)
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 15 ounces pumpkin canned
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients with a mixer on medium until combined.
- Spread into pan and bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely and serve with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.