Dump cakes are awesome… usually a few ingredients tossed stirred together and baked. So easy… except one of those ingredients usually tends to be a whole lot of butter! I personally try to stay away from recipes that consist of pounds of butter (except for holiday baking!).
I played around with a few different ingredients to see if I could come up with a yummy and simple dump cake that didn’t have all that fat in it. The results were awesome… and allowed for a little bit of a bigger scoop of ice cream! The second day we drizzled it with a bit of caramel sauce… let me tell you, that was a GOOD idea!
This cake is SO moist that it won’t last longer than a couple of days on the counter. If it’s going to be longer than that, you may like to freeze some of it or store it in the fridge.
Apple Pie Dump Cake! (No Butter required!)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 21 ounces can apple pie filling or HOMEMADE apple pie filling
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- Caramel sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or just until set.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and top with ice cream if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)