No Bake Granola Bars are so easy you’ll never buy expensive breakfast bars again. This easy recipe is made with granola, dried fruit and nuts, these make a great healthy grab and go snack for busy mornings!
Are Granola Bars Good For You?
Granola bars are generally considered to be a healthy snack, but the picture is mixed. Yes, they contain lots of healthy unprocessed or minimally processed fiber-rich foods, such as the oats, nuts, and coconut. Also, many nutritionists recommend eating a small number of nuts each day!
However, granola bars do contain plenty of added sugar that is necessary to bind the ingredients together. And as we all know, there’s nothing especially healthy about added sugar in any form, whether granulated or syrup, so don’t overdo the sweet stuff in your overall diet.
There are other ways you can make your granola bars healthier. For instance, if preservative-free is your goal, then ensure the ingredients you’re adding meet this requirement. You can also try substituting peanut butter for the butter, and cut back a tiny bit on the amount of sugar and honey.
How to Make Granola Bars
This granola bars recipe goes from start to finish in a flash. No prepping, and very little clean up too! Similar to Extra Chewy Rice Krispie Treats, simply heat, cool and eat!
- Combine butter, honey and brown sugar in a pot and bring it slowly to a boil.
- Stir in the other ingredients and mix well.
- Pour and then press the hot mixture into a buttered or parchment lined baking dish, using the back of a spoon.
Cool and then cut into squares and serve or store.
Want to switch things up? You can substitute to your heart’s content here! Add raisins, dried cranberries or any other dried fruit. Try sunflower seeds, pepitas, or other nuts could in these no-bake breakfast bars. Dark chocolate chips are another optional add-in!
Do Granola Bars Expire?
Granola bars have extraordinary staying power, thanks in part that most of the ingredients are shelf stable and the sugar acts as a natural preservative.
You can store your no-bake homemade granola bars in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for weeks and for many months in the freezer.
More Tasty No-Bake Snacks!
- No Bake Oatmeal Cookies – deliciously chewy and chocolatey!
- Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies – addictively good
- No Bake Chips Ahoy! Icebox Cake – only 4 Ingredients!
- Incredible Whipped Apple Pie – the perfect no bake dessert
- Chocolate Macaroons – ready in under 15 mins!
10 Minutes No Bake Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups oats (I used large flake)
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup coconut
- 3 cups mixed nuts seeds, dried fruit, raisins etc
- Combine butter, honey and brown sugar in a large pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Once it begins to bubble, stir in remaining ingredients. Continue to cook over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until browned.
- Firmly press into a 9x13 pan lined with parchment paper.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.