It is so easy to microwave corn on the cob!
This shuck-free method makes juicy and tender corn on the cob that’s ready in no time at all! Add a little butter, salt, and pepper and they’re ready to enjoy!
As much as we love grilled corn, cooking in the microwave is perfect for a fast side when you need just a couple of cobs.
Easiest Way to Cook Corn!
This method is great if you’d like to cook just a few cobs of corn. No need to shuck or boil water.
- This recipe can’t get any easier!
- Place the whole ear of corn in the microwave with the silk and husk intact (no need to peel). The corn steams from the inside for the best taste and texture!
- Once cooked cut off the end and the corn will slide right out, no peeling needed.
- Make in batches and keep them warm in a crock pot or low oven with ½ cup of water.
3 Simple Ingredients
Corn on the Cob – Choose ears that will easily fit in the microwave. Trim the tops of excess leaves and break off the stalk end if needed. Frozen cobs can be used, simply add extra minutes to the cooking time.
Butter – Use unsalted butter, or use salted butter and omit the salt. Margarine will also work in a pinch!
Seasonings – Kosher salt, pink salt, or table salt can all be used. Fresh cracked pepper, ground pepper, or even white pepper will all taste great, whatever you have on hand. Or skip the salt & pepper and go straight for the seasonings below!
Seasonal corn on the cob really only needs a little butter and salt and black pepper.
How to Microwave Corn on the Cob
No need to boil water on the stove for these juicy and sweet cobs!
- Microwave un-shucked corn on the cobs (as per the recipe below).
- Remove from the microwave with a kitchen towel (they’re hot!), and place them on a heat-proof surface.
- Cut off each end and the corn will slide out free of the husk and the silk.
- Season with butter and salt and pepper to taste.
Storing & Reheating
Keep leftover microwave corn on the cob in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat by wrapping each ear in a clean, wet paper towel before reheating.
Remove the kernels and freeze corn in zippered bags for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and reheat as directed above or reheat them on the grill.
More Corn Recipes
Did you make this Microwave Corn on the Cob? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Microwave Corn on the Cob
- 2 ears corn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place corn in the microwave (with silk & husks intact).
- Microwave on high power for 3 minutes (smaller cobs) or 4 minutes (larger cobs).
- Remove from the microwave and using a sharp knife, cut both ends off of the corn. Careful, it will be hot!
- Slide the corn out of the husk (the silk should slide right off too).
- Season with butter, salt, & pepper to taste.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!