Lemon Meringue Pie is a classic dessert… Graham crust, creamy tart lemon filling with a fluffy meringue topping. This recipe combines all of those amazing flavors with a rich and lush cheesecake for a dessert that will top your list! Fresh lemons and lemon zest make the filling extra lemony!!
Don’t be afraid to give this a try, it’s not difficult to make although there are a few steps. I make the cheesecake portion one day (or even a couple of days in advance) and the remainder the next day.
Making meringue is really quite easy! A few simple tips for a perfect meringue in this recipes:
- Be sure the lemon filling is hot when you put the meringue on top. This will keep the layers from separating.
- When spreading your meringue, be sure it hangs over the edge of your pan just slightly. Don’t remove it until the cheesecake is completely cooled.
- Do not underbake. This can cause weeping.
- When removing the meringue from the edge of the pan don’t cut it, instead just gently pull it back from the edge of the pan.
While cooling this recipe, it does weep just a little bit so I put mine on a plate in the fridge to catch any stick drippings.
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
Lemon Meringue Pie Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups graham crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 3 packages 8oz each cream cheese
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 lemons zested & juiced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine melted butter & graham crumbs. Press into a 9″ springform pan.
- With mixer on medium, beat cream cheese & sugar until blended. Mix in eggs.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over crust and bake for 35-40 minutes or just until center is set.
- Cool 5 minutes, run a butter knife around the edge to loosen. Cool on the counter 1 hour. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, egg yolks and water in a large saucepan. Whisk constantly over medium heat until mixture reaches a boil. Stir in ½ cup lemon juice & zest from 2 lemons. Let boil 1 minute while stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, keep warm.
- Beat egg whites & cream of tartar on medium-high until soft peaks form (ends of peaks will curl when the beaters are lifted out). Continue mixing on medium-high adding in sugar a little bit at a time until stiff and glossy peaks form (about 5 minutes).
- Spread lemon filling over cheesecake layer. Immediately spread meringue over hot lemon filling. Be sure the meringue overlaps the edges of the pan slightly to avoid it shrinking.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until browned. Cool at room temperature 1 hour. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love
* Millionaire Pie (No bake and only 5 Minutes to Prep!) * Lemon Blueberry Loaf * Fresh Strawberry Lemonade! *