This Instant Pot Pasta Sauce recipe is an easy rich meaty sauce that tastes like it’s been simmering for hours!
This is the perfect sauce to top a plate of spaghetti, toss with tortellini, or use as a meat sauce for our fave lasagna recipe.
An Easy Instant Pot Sauce
- Everything (including the meat) cooks in one pot for less dishes.
- Rich and zesty, this tastes like it has been cooking all day but it’s ready in about an hour (including prep)!
- This recipe can be doubled and frozen for later meals.
- Perfect over pasta, spread on pizza dough, or added to lasagna.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Pasta Sauce
MEAT: We like lean ground beef in this recipe so there isn’t lots of fat to drain. If you use regular ground beef (or even sausage) drain the fat after cooking.
VEGGIES: Canned tomatoes make this easy and have the perfect consistency. We love the consistency that whole tomatoes (instead of diced) add to the sauce.
Stir in extra veggies to use them up or to stretch the sauce. Zucchini, extra peppers or mushrooms, or even shredded carrot are all great.
SEASONINGS: Onion and garlic are cooked into the base of this sauce. A spoonful of Italian seasoning is all you need.
How to Make Instant Pot Pasta Sauce
- Sauté onion & ground beef in the Instant Pot.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Seal the lid & cook on manual high. Let it naturally release.
- Stir & adjust seasonings before serving. (As per recipe below)
What to Serve With
Serve pasta sauce over any kind of pasta. Penne and thick spaghetti, like bucatini, are preferred because the sauce clings better to heavier pasta.
Pasta pairs perfectly with a bright, tangy garden salad or a Caesar salad. Add a side of Garlic Roasted Broccolini, some Homemade Garlic Bread for dipping, and a decadent Easy Tiramisu Recipe for dessert!
Once pasta sauce is cooled, store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Or freeze in quart-sized bags with the date written on the outside for up to 6 weeks. Reheat in a saucepan.
Tasty Tomato Sauces
- Easy Tomato Sauce – garden fresh
- Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce – set it & forget it
- Homemade Roasted Tomato Sauce – use on pasta or pizza
- Ground Turkey Pasta Sauce – a healthier option
- Easy Marinara Sauce – way better than jarred!
- Easy Vodka Sauce – pairs perfectly with any pasta
Did your family love this Instant Pot Pasta Sauce? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Instant Pot Pasta Sauce
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 26 ounces whole tomatoes 1 can
- 26 ounces tomato sauce 1 can
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 4 ounces mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Put Instant Pot on sautee and brown beef, onion, and garlic until no pink remains. Drain fat if needed.
- Add in remaining ingredients and cook on manual high for 12 minutes.
- Once done, naturally release the instant pot for 15 minutes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)