Hot honey is a flavor game-changer!
This quick and easy condiment is sweet and spicy, perfect for drizzling over ever everything from fried chicken to pizza.
Once you try it, you’ll want to keep it on hand for dipping, dunking, and drizzling!
Homemade Hot Honey
- Hot honey is the ultimate all-purpose sauce or glaze!
- Hot or mild – add a little or a lot to tailor the honey to your liking
- Double up the recipe and gift this uniquely spicy condiment to friends!
Ingredients for Homemade Hot Honey
Honey – Plain regular honey or creamy honey will work in this recipe.
Spice- There are many ways to add spice to hot honey. I use sriracha as I always have it on hand, and there is no need to heat or strain the honey. You you can experiment with other varieties of hot sauce to change the flavor – try Tabasco. While it’s optional, a little bit of apple cider vinegar balances the sweetness.
This hot honey recipe is simple, but feel free to get creative and make your own version!
- Replace the sriracha with red pepper flakes (if doing this, I would suggest heating the honey and let it simmer for a minute or so to infuse the flavor and then strain the honey).
- Stir in a bit of garlic powder.
How to Make Hot Honey
Make hot honey in minutes and use it on anything from wings to pizza!
- Blend ingredients until well combined.
- Transfer to a jar or other container and enjoy.
Ways to Use Homemade Hot Honey
- Appetizers: Add a little kick to baked brie or add a small jar on your next charcuterie board.
- Entrees: Add sweet heat and drizzle over salmon, fried chicken, or use it in Honey Glazed Mushroom Pork Chops.
- Sides: Use hot honey for roasted carrots or brussels sprouts or serve with biscuits or cornbread
- Dessert: Feeling adventurous? Try it on some vanilla ice cream!
Storing Hot Honey
Honey virtually lasts forever, or until you run out! Store this spicy honey mixture at room temperature in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. If it crystallizes, simply warm it in the microwave; this will not affect the flavor or the shelf life.
What’s your favorite way to use Hot Honey? Leave us a comment below!
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne or more to taste
- Stir all ingredients together until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Enjoy over pizza, chicken wings, or cheese or crackers – or whatever else you would like!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.