This Cheesy Ranch Spinach dip recipe is packed with spinach and peppers and fully loaded with delicious ranch flavor! It can easily be prepped ahead of time for a delicious dip perfect for any party!
We love Buttermilk Ranch Dressing and as much as I love a traditional Spinach Artichoke Dip, sometimes we like to switch it up which the flavor of ranch!
I have partnered with Hidden Valley Ranch to bring you this amazing dip!
The Perfect Spinach Dip
This a great hot spinach dip recipe, loaded with flavor from both fresh spinach and ranch seasoning mix! We are big veggie lovers in our household! While I do love a traditional cold spinach dip recipe, there’s really nothing quite like a hot bubbly cheese dip out of the oven!
Adding diced peppers to this dip makes for great flavor! While I used fresh spinach in this recipe, of course you can substitute frozen chopped spinach as well! Be sure to squeeze it to drain well. This Ranch Spinach dip recipe is packed with spinach and peppers and fully loaded with flavor!
How to Make Spinach Dip
This dip is easy to make and has so much great flavor! Here are a few tips to make sure you have spinach dip perfection!
- Use a hand mixer to combine the cream cheese, this makes it softer and easier to scoop.
- Squeeze all of the water you can out of the spinach.
- Change the cheeses to your favorites, a bit of gruyere or cheddar are great in this recipe.
- Low fat or light products can be used in this recipe.
- Make up to 48 hours in advance and refrigerate. May need a bit of extra cook time if it’s chilled.
Make Ahead Spinach Cheese Dip
Not only is it perfect for any gathering, this spinach dip recipe can actually be prepared a day in advance and put it in the oven just before serving!
Either take it out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking or add a few minutes extra bake time.
More Easy Dips You’ll Love
- The BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip (video) – Favorite recipe!
- Easy Queso Dip – Easy and cheesy!
- Reuben Dip
- 5 Minute Taco Dip – Super quick and easy!
- Cheesy Crab Rangoon Dip (Hot Crab Dip)
- Jalapeno Popper Dip (Video) – Popular!
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
Cheesy Ranch Spinach Dip Recipe
- 2 bunches spinach washed
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup green onion sliced
- ½ cup red pepper diced
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese divided
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash and roughly chop spinach. Place in a non-stick pan over medium heat until cooked. Cool completely. Once cooled, squeeze as much liquid as possible out of the spinach.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and ranch mix with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Fold in remaining ingredients except ½ cup of mozzarella and spread into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until hot & bubbly.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
You can follow Hidden Valley on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter or check out Hidden Valley online for lots of great recipes and inspiration!
Since it has sour cream and cream cheese , Can you make a week before and freeze?
Dairy doesn’t tend to freeze well, and I haven’t tried freezing this recipe so I can’t say for sure. You can make up to 48 hours in advance and refrigerate. May need a bit of extra cook time if it’s chilled. If you try it, I would love to hear how it turns out.
For this recipe how much should I use of your homemade ranch spice instead of the Hidden Valley packet.
I would use about 2 tablespoons Trish.
If I do frozen spinach how much do I use
Hi Haley, I would add a package or just under depending on how much spinach you want in the dip! You can check out our fresh to frozen spinach guide here for more information.
Yum! This was a hit at Easter dinner. Made it as noted, used herb and garlic cream cheese and fresh spinach. Will definitely make again!
I am so glad this dip was well received by your guests Lynn!
Can we use frozen spinach instead?
Sure you can! Be sure to squeeze it dry before adding to the dip.
Do you think you can use Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream and mayonnaise?
I haven’t tried it with Greek Yogurt however I do think it would work. Please let us know how it works out if you try it!
It’s delicious! I used 1 cup of Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream and mayo. Great recipe, thank you!
SO glad it worked out for you Amy!! Thank you for coming back and letting us know!
I have a container of ranch dip that I’d like to transform. Could I make this dip using what I have, obviously leaving out dairy items?
I haven’t tried it that way but it sounds delicious! You might need to add some of the other dairy just so the ranch flavor isn’t too incredibly strong. I’d love to hear how it works out for you!