Summer wouldn’t be the same without the tart, tangy taste of a tequila margarita drink!
Especially when it’s served icy cold with a traditional ring of salt on the rim! Don’t forget to add a lime slice as a garnish!
The Best Margarita Recipe
Whether on the rocks or blended, this is the best recipe for the classic margarita that everyone loves. It’s perfect for any and every occasion!
It’s easy to buy a margarita mix, but to be honest they’re often overly sweet and they definitely don’t taste fresh like homemade margaritas from scratch!
We love this recipe because it’s just a few ingredients and a couple of steps, perfect for picnics, barbecues, and long, sultry days by the pool!
What’s in a Margarita
The most important ingredient in a margarita is always the presentation!
ALCOHOL Good quality tequila and triple sec are all that’s needed!
FRUIT This recipe is full of lime flavor. It’s definitely worth using fresh limes, bottle juices tend to have a bitter flavor.
ICE Ice cubes can be left whole for an on-the-rocks style or crushed into a blended margarita!
How to Make Margaritas
It’s as easy as 1-2-3 to make a pitcher of margaritas!
- Rub lime on the rim and dip in coarse salt. Place margarita glasses in the freezer while you prepare the cocktail (optional).
- In a shaker add ice, tequila, lime juice, and triple sec per recipe below (you can add a splash of agave to sweeten if you’d like). Shake for at least 30 seconds.
- Pour drink into prepared glass with ice, garnish and serve.
For a Blended Margarita
- Blend all ingredients on high until foamy and frothy (feel free to add frozen fruit to the mixture if you’d like). Double or triple the recipe if desired!
- Pour into prepared glasses and serve!
Refreshing Summer Cocktails
- Classic Caesar Drink – spicy & savory
- Easy Mimosa Recipe – perfect for brunch
- Cranberry Moscow Mule – sweet & tangy
- White Sangria – full of fruity flavor
- Fresh Watermelon Mojitos – a patio favorite
Did you love this Margarita recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice must be fresh
- 1 ounce triple sec or cointreau
- coarse salt
- Rub the edge of a glass with a lime slice and dip into coarse salt (optional). Place in the freezer while preparing the drink if desired.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add tequila, lime juice and triple sec. Shake very well (for at least 30 seconds) to chill drink.
- Add ice to the prepared glass. Strain margarita mixture over the ice.