This easy Banana Bread recipe is a no-fail favorite that always comes out perfectly moist.
With a handful of ingredients that you likely have on hand and only a few minutes of prep, you’re going to start buying extra bananas just for this recipe!
Why We Love This Easy Banana Bread
- Quick: This banana bread is so quick to prepare you’ll probably have it ready to go before your oven even finishes preheating!
- Easy Ingredients: The ingredients are items I always have on hand so that I can make this at a moment’s notice.
- Extra Moist: The banana bread in this recipe is deliciously moist with a tender crumb, just as it should be.
- Versatility: Banana bread can be customized with various add-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or spices!
Bananas – Use overripe bananas with many black spots; they’ll be soft and full of sugars. You can peel them and freeze them to bake with at a later date, too.
Eggs & Oil – Eggs and oil add moisture to quick breads like zucchini bread and, of course, this recipe.
Mayonnaise – I also replace some of the oil with mayonnaise (which is made of… eggs and oil)! While this may seem like a weird ingredient, as you can see from the reviews, it is the perfect addition! No butter is needed; the mayo adds extra moisture.
Add-Ins – You can add pecans, walnuts, or stir-in chocolate chips to this banana bread recipe to change the flavor.
How To Ripen Bananas Quickly
- To ripen in 1-2 days: place them in a brown paper bag (with other ripe fruit if you have any) and seal.
- To ripen immediately, bake at 300°F for 15-20 minutes. Cool before using in this recipe.
How to Make Banana Bread
Banana Bread with Mayonnaise? I know it may sound a little strange, is makes a moist banana bread recipe.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (per recipe below).
- Combine bananas (of course), mayonnaise, and egg in a second bowl.
- Mix the two together just until moist (image below, the batter should be lumpy).
- Pour into a greased pan and bake.
Tips for a Moist Banana Bread
- The batter has a thick texture; do not add extra liquid or extra bananas. Extra bananas can make the bread too dense.
- As with all quick breads, do not overmix. Stir with a spoon (not a mixer) just until incorporated.
- Do not overcook. Ovens can vary; check your bread at least 10 minutes before the cooking time is up.
- Seal well once cooled (a freezer bag works well too).
- For easy removal, line the loaf pan with parchment paper leaving about 3 inches of paper folded over the top of the pan.
How to Store Banana Bread
Banana bread should last about 3 days, in an airtight container on the counter.
To FREEZE: You can either freeze the loaf as a whole or slice it and freeze the slices. To thaw a slice, just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds or even just add it to the lunch box while it’s still frozen, it’ll thaw in plenty of time for lunch!
Did your family love this Banana Bread recipe? Leave us a comment and a rating below!
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 medium bananas about 1 cup mashed
- ½ cup mayonnaise or dressing
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mash the bananas with a fork. In a medium bowl, mix together mashed bananas, mayo, and egg. In a separate large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and pecans
- Add the flour mixture to wet mixture and stir just until combined. Note: The mixture will be very thick, do not over mix.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.