Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread is the most delicious way to enjoy your ripe bananas and garden fresh zucchini! Packed with fruit, veggies and luscious chocolate chips, this is one recipe you can feel good about making and sharing.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread combines the decadence of a sweet banana bread loaded with chocolate chips and the extra moistness of zucchini. If you’ve never added zucchini to your baking, you’re in for a real treat! Zucchini makes baking so incredibly moist.
Banana bread is something we make often because it makes a great snack or even dessert and I always seem to have everything I need on hand!
I’m really excited to share this recipe with you not only because it’s one of the best banana bread recipes I’ve ever made, but also because it comes from my friends’ cookbook! Cade and Carrian make absolutely amazing recipes over at Oh Sweet Basil and when I heard they were putting out this cookbook, I knew I had to get my hands on a copy ASAP.
Our Sweet Basil cookbook is definitely going to be a staple in my kitchen because I’ve got a pile of recipes already marked with sticky notes (anyone else do that?).
You’ll find everything from breakfasts and desserts to simple and amazing main dishes. All of the recipes are geared towards family meals meaning it’s easy to find something everyone will agree on! Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Casserole is next on my list of things to make. You can grab your copy of this book here.
Ok, back to this marvelous bread. This recipe comes together easily with simple ingredients you likely already have in your pantry. I used semi sweet chocolate chips but milk chocolate would also be amazing in this recipe!
If you haven’t baked with zucchini, it’s something you absolutely MUST try. While you can’t taste zucchini in baking, it adds so much moisture (like pumpkin or bananas often do) making this bread incredible. In fact, zucchini is great in all kinds of baking from Zucchini Brownies with 1 Minute Frosting to Lemon Zucchini Cupcakes.
This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe makes one loaf, with about 8 slices. The bread will go fast, so you might considering doubling the recipe if you plan to share the bread! Like most banana bread recipes, this bread freezes beautifully. We slice the loaf and freeze it in individual servings for a quick snack on the go!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup zucchini finely grated
- 1 cup banana mashed
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8″ x 4″ loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, beat together canola oil and sugar. Add egg and continue mixing. Add zucchini and mix on medium until well blended.
- Starting and ending with the flour, alternate adding the flour mixture and the mashed banana, a little at a time, while the mixer runs on low.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, tenting with foil for the last 15 minutes to avoid too much browning. Allow bread to cool before slicing, serve warm with a little butter.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
More Recipes You’ll Love