This chocolate chip banana bread is sweet and incredibly moist and tender.
Who doesn’t love an easy banana bread recipe? We absolutely do! This amazing recipe is made with chocolate chips which makes it the best version that everyone will love! Pop it into a purse or briefcase for a workday pick-me-up!
Why We Love This Recipe
What’s not to love? Fresh, flavorful, and easy to put together. This is a version of classic banana bread with the sweet addition of chocolate chips. Perfect as a breakfast bread (or even dessert)!
Have it with whipped coffee or cocoa for an afternoon snack! Use a dash of walnuts or even peanuts for a little extra crunch!
BANANAS Ripe, mashed bananas are used in this dessert. Use bananas from the freezer if that’s what you have, just be sure to thaw them out before adding to the mixture!
CHOCOLATE I use semi-sweet chips but milk chocolate will work (milk chocolate tends to be a bit sweeter). Use chocolate chunks if that’s what you have on hand.
VARIATIONS Banana breads are a perfect foundation for a variety of add-ins.
Try toasted walnuts, peanuts, or pecans. Dried fruits like strawberries, cherries, or cranberries will taste great as well!
PRO TIP: The best banana bread is made with overripe bananas, so they are extra soft and sweet! Peel, chop and freeze overripe bananas in the freezer. No waste and they’ll also be ready to pull out next time a banana bread craving hits!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This recipe comes out so perfectly moist every time!
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients and mix gently. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or other add-ins.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake until a wooden pick comes out clean from the center.
How to Store Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Chocolate chip banana bread will keep about a week at room temperature as long as it’s in an airtight container.
- All quick breads freeze beautifully because their texture is dense. Simply wrap tightly in plastic wrap and label with the date and it will keep it’s flavor for up to a month in the freezer.
- Or, slice into single servings and wrap. Take a slice out of the freezer and it will be thawed by noon, just in time for a quick mid-morning snack!
More Quick Breads
- Pecan Coconut Banana Bread Recipe
- Lemon Blueberry Bread – bright & citrusy
- Carrot Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Bread – perfect for fall
- Easy Banana Bread Recipe – simple & moist
- Zucchini Bread – great for freezing
Did your family love this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter melted, or vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ⅓ cups mashed bananas about 3 medium
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8"x4" loaf pan.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a small bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Combine butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time and vanilla.
- Fold in mashed bananas. Fold in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Cool in the pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a rack.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!