Top it with a drizzle of glaze, cream cheese frosting, or whipped cream for a perfect Easter breakfast.
No reservations, waiting in line, or waiting for service, plus, we love that this casserole can be made the day before while you are busy with other festivities! We love this sweet take on traditional breakfast strata!
What’s in a Breakfast Bake?
BREAD Sweet cubes of cinnamon bread are layered with other ingredients for a classic French toast bake with a twist!
FRUIT A sweet mix of carrots & pineapple is dotted with sweet raisins. So colorful for Easter, and super tasty!
CREAM CHEESE With a citrusy cream cheese mixture, this is one breakfast bake that truly has it all!
EGGS & SWEETENER It’s all smothered in a creamy mixture made from eggs, milk, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Storing it overnight lets the liquid gets soaked into the bread and softens the raisins.
TOPPING This Easter Breakfast is baked to crispy perfection with a topping of pecans, coconut, and even more brown sugar.
What’s so fun about this recipe is that it’s so versatile! Get creative with this Easter season classic, it’s so good.
- Instead of raisins, try dried cherries, cranberries, or chopped dried apricots.
- Switch out the pecans for walnuts, and use shredded sweet potatoes instead of carrots.
- Add a handful of mini chocolate chips or coconut to the topping, too!
How to Make an Easter Breakfast Bake
Easter brunch is so easy with this sweet and fluffy recipe! Perfect to make ahead and it can bake while the kids are doing an Easter hunt!
- Place cubes of cinnamon bread in a casserole dish (per recipe below).
- Sprinkle carrots, pineapple, & raisins over bread crumbs.
- Mix cream cheese, brown sugar, & orange zest in a small bowl and dot overtop.
- Pour the custard mixture over the entire casserole and refrigerate overnight.
In the Morning
- Remove casserole 45 to 60 minutes before baking.
- Bake uncovered, 45 to 55 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
Best Breakfast Bakes
- Sausage Cheddar Breakfast Strata– so cheesy & flavorful
- Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole – a 5 star recipe
- Blueberry French Toast Bake – easy to make
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole – with bacon
- Breakfast Frittata – ready in 40 minutes
Did your family love this Easter Breakfast Bake? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easter Breakfast Bake
- 12 slices cinnamon bread cut into 1-inch cubes, about 12 cups
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- ⅔ cup crushed pineapple drained and squeezed very dry
- ½ cup raisins
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Leave your bread out for a few hours or place it on a tray at 350˚F for about 8 minutes to slightly dry it out.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese mixture ingredients until fluffy.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer half of the bread cubes in the pan. Sprinkle with half of the carrots, pineapple and raisins. Dot with the cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining bread and the other half of the carrots, pineapple, and raisins.
- In a bowl, stir together the eggs, milk, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Pour over the casserole, cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the casserole from the fridge about 45-60 minutes before baking. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix topping ingredients together in a small bowl. Sprinkle over casserole just before baking.
- Bake uncovered 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and casserole is set.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)