Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is a colorful, flavor packed salad recipe that is perfect for the summertime. It’s easy, incredibly healthy, and tastes delicious!
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Ingredients
It’s easy to find ingredients for this broccoli cauliflower salad recipe year round. I love a delicious honey mustard dressing for this recipe. Here’s your shopping list:
- Broccoli & Cauliflower: I leave these raw to give a good crisp crunch. You can roast them if you’d prefer.
- Remember that raw cauliflower is extra crunchy so try to cut the pieces fairly small so it’s easy to eat. (Is there anything worse than trying to stuff your mouth full of a mammoth chunk of raw vegetable while holding a conversation?!)
- Olive oil & Mayonnaise create a creamy base
- Honey adds sweetness and rounds out the dressing.
- Dijon mustard adds tang, I prefer a grainy dijon (which almost any grocery store will have). If you’re using a honey dijon, you might like to cut back on the honey in the dressing.
- Slivered almonds are best if toasted. Place them in a dry pan over stirring over medium-low heat for about 5-7 minutes or until fragrant.
- Bacon, do I really need to say more? Adds salty, smokey, delicious flavor! Save a little bit for garnish as well!
You can certainly leave out the bacon if you wish, or substitute chopped walnuts or pecans for the slivered almonds, any of which are an amazing addition to your broccoli and cauliflower salad.
How to Make Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
For the most part just chopping and dicing are involved in making raw broccoli and cauliflower salad. Unlike a our other Cauliflower Salad Recipe, this dish doesn’t require cooking the cauliflower. Here’s the process:
- Fry the bacon to a crisp, drain, and crumble. (If you’d prefer, you can use bacon bits but cooking your own bacon is best)
- Break and chop the broccoli and cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Remove the toughest peels from the broccoli stem and use the soft interior too.
- In the bottom of the salad bowl, or in a separate bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients.
- Add the salad ingredients and toss to combine.
For best results, I recommend you toss with the dressing and let sit before serving. It will help the flavors blend and the ingredients to meld, especially if you make it in advance.
How Long Does Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Last?
Broccoli and cauliflower bacon salad will hold up in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in a tightly covered dish or container. It’s a great side dish to make in advance. Even dressed when it’s dressed, broccoli and cauliflower salad doesn’t get soggy. In fact, you may find the flavors develop even more.
More Potluck Side Dishes
- The Best Potato Salad Recipe (Easy) – make ahead!
- Frito Corn Salad – potluck favorite
- Cucumber Onion Salad – fresh and flavorful!
- Sweet Potato Salad – Colorful and delicious!
- Creamy Cucumber Salad – Classic potluck salad!
- Italian Pasta Salad – The perfect potluck side dish!
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- 4 cups broccoli chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or one clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Wash broccoli and cauliflower florets and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss with dressing.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)