Bacon Grilled Cheese! What kind of magic is this?! Combining bacon with cheddar and pepper jack cheeses takes a classic grilled cheese sandwich to the next level!
Perfect for lunch served alongside tomato soup or with a smear of tomato jam. They are great for game day or movie night. Grilled cheese with bacon is a fancy, filling and flavorful take on a family favorite!
How to Make Bacon Grilled Cheese
Start with a bread thick enough to hold the melted cheese and heavy enough so it won’t fall apart. Grilled cheese with bacon (and tomato should you choose) needs hearty bread. Sourdough is a great choice!
- Cook bacon slices until they are crisp. Remove the bacon and drain off all but about 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from the pan.
- Spread mayonnaise on the outside of two slices of sourdough bread (or bread of your choice).
- Layer the cheese and bacon (and optional tomato) over two slices of bread and top with remaining bread.
- Grill those slices of heaven up!
To Make Bacon Grilled Cheese: Reheat the pan you cooked the bacon in on low heat and let the bacon grease become fully melted.
Gently place the bacon grilled cheese sandwich mayonnaise side out in the center of the pan and cook until golden. Flip and continue cooking until you see the cheese oozing from the sides.
What to Serve with Grilled Cheese
Everything goes with a bacon grilled cheese sandwich!
Traditionally, it’s great with tomato soup (or any soup recipe you love)! On a warm day, we love to add in a tossed salad with a tangy vinaigrette. And nothing tastes better than washing it all down with an icy glass of Watermelon Lemonade!
More Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese – a spicy twist
- Pizza Grilled Cheese – everyone’s favorites combined!
- Dill Pickle Bacon Grilled Cheese – a classic with a crunch
- Grilled Mac and Cheese Sandwich – awesome lunchtime treat!
- Crispy Bacon Grilled Cheese Roll Ups – perfect finger food!
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese– so easy to make
Bacon Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces pepper jack cheese
- Cook bacon in a pan until crisp. Remove from pan and drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in the pan.
- Spread mayonnaise over the outside of each slice of bread.
- Divide the cheese and bacon over 2 slices of bread and top with remaining bread.
- Preheat a small skillet over low heat.
- Grill sandwich until golden, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and grill the other side until golden.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!