These bacon wrapped smokies with brown sugar make a great appetizer! They are easy to make and can easily be made ahead of time & they freeze well!
These bacon wrapped smokies with brown sugar are so yummy! Adding a hint of cayenne pepper makes them extra amazing!
My mom made these for my kids one day while she was here babysitting… and they LOVED them! So being Grandma, she made a whole entire huge bag of them and froze them for us to just pop into the oven when they wanted a few! Don’t worry though, big kids love these too… perfect with a grainy mustard and a cold beer on game day!
Yep, you can make these bacon wrapped appetizers ahead of time and pop ’em in the freezer. Bake them right from frozen when guests show up at your door (just add an extra 5 minutes to the cook time)!
Things you’ll need for this recipe:
Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- 1 Package of Bacon
- 1 Package of Mini Smokies
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking pan with foil.
- Cut Bacon into thirds. Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each mini smokie and secure with a toothpick.
- Combine cayenne pepper and brown sugar and roll each smokie in the mixture. (Note: They can be frozen at this point)
- Place on prepared pans and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip smokies and cook an additional 10 minutes or until bacon is crispy. (Add an extra 5 minutes if baking from frozen).
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!