A simple turkey casserole is an easy, creamy and delicious meal!
Leftover turkey (or cooked ground turkey if you prefer) is added to pasta with a creamy mushroom sauce and topped with a buttery bread crumb topping.
This is a great way to enjoy leftover roast turkey and the perfect belly-warming meal.
An Easy Turkey Casserole
Casseroles are economical, easy to make, and everyone loves them!
Since I usually serve this with leftover turkey, I wanted to create a sauce that is quick and easy. The shortcut sauce (recipe below) is the perfect addition.
It can be made in advance, covered in the refrigerator until it’s ready for baking.
In this version, turkey, mushrooms, and noodles are baked into a savory sauce made with cream of chicken soup, seasonings, and cheese.
What’s so great about this recipe is that veggies like broccoli, peas, or carrots can be added to make an even heartier casserole.
Any medium pasta can sub out for the penne!
This is a favorite with leftover turkey but if you don’t have any on hand, ground turkey, shredded chicken, even sliced smoked sausage can be used in place.
Steps to Make Turkey Casserole
- Cook the Pasta. Ensure it’s al dente (quite firm) so it doesn’t overcook while baking.
- Make the Sauce (per recipe below). Saute onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Add soup, milk, mushroom mixture, seasonings, & half the cheese.
- Combine and Bake. Fold in meat and pasta. Pour into a casserole dish, sprinkle with topping, and bake.
How to Store Creamy Turkey Casserole
Casseroles are just as good the next day and this one is no exception. Simply reheat a portion in the microwave and adjust the seasonings. Store in the refrigerator covered in plastic wrap for up to 4 days.
More Turkey Favorites
- White Turkey Chili
- Turkey Pot Pie
- Turkey Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Cajun Bean Soup with Turkey
- Turkey Salad
- Turkey Cranberry Pasta Salad
Did you love this Creamy Turkey Casserole? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Creamy Turkey Casserole
- 3 cups uncooked penne or medium pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion finely diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 10 ¾ ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 ⅓ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup havarti cheese or swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 cups cooked turkey
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Heat oven to 375°F. Combine topping ingredients and set aside.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Cook onion, mushrooms, and garlic in butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine soup, mushroom mixture, milk, seasonings, and ½ of the cheese. Fold in turkey and pasta.
- Spread into a 9x13 casserole dish, top with remaining cheese, and sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.