Marinated and grilled, this Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe makes chicken that is juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside!
Cilantro lime chicken is marinated in zesty lime, lots of garlic, and fresh cilantro. This easy recipe needs little prep and few ingredients but it’s loaded with big flavor.
An Easy Grilled Chicken Recipe
- With just a few ingredients, this recipe has big flavor.
- No grill? No Problem! This dish can also be made in the oven as well making it the perfect meal all year.
- Double up the marinade and use it to dress as salad as well.
- It has lots of flavor and the leftover chicken is great in tacos or even added to a tossed salad.
Easy Fresh Ingredients
Chicken – Boneless skinless chicken thighs are juicy and flavorful when grilled. This recipe can also be made with chicken breasts or bone-in chicken thighs or breasts, just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Marinade – Marinades serve to tenderize as well as flavor the meat, and this marinade is as easy as it gets! It’s a simple combination of lime juice, lime zest, cilantro leaves, and a hint of seasonings. Toss in some jalapenos or extra red pepper flakes for a spicy kick!
How to Make Cilantro Lime Chicken
This recipe is crazy easy.
- Mix the marinade in a bowl or freezer bag per the recipe below.
- Add the chicken and marinate at least 30 minute or up to 2 hours.
- Broil, bake or grill.
Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.
- This chicken goes well with any kind of rice (cilantro lime rice is a favorite or keep it low carb and serve with cauliflower rice).
- Add in a flavorful side dish like Mexican corn salad, avocado salsa, and tortilla chips
- Simply serve with boiled corn on the cob.
Tips for Success
- Allow chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Fresh lime juice is best in this recipe, the flavor of bottled lime can be bitter.
- The best way to tell if the chicken is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer, it should reach 165°F.
- Leftover chicken is great in a sandwich or sliced over a bed of lettuce for a tasty next-day-at-work salad!
More Grilled Chicken Favorites
Did you make this grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 lime for serving
- ¼ cup cilantro fresh, minced plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lime juice fresh
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour marinade over chicken and let marinate 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Cook chicken on an oiled grate for 7-8 minutes. Turn over and cook an additional 7-8 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F.
- Rest 5 minutes before serving. Serve with lime slices and additional chopped cilantro.
- The marinade can also be pulsed in a blender a couple of times if you prefer.
- Allow chicken to marinate at least 30 minutes. Due to the high amount of citrus in this recipe, don’t marinate longer than 2 hours.
- Fresh lime is best in this recipe, the flavor of bottled lime can be bitter.
- Optional add-ins: add 1 teaspoon of chili powder and/or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper to the marinade to add a little bit of heat.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.