Craving chocolate? I’ve got you covered!
This easy chocolate mousse recipe is dreamy decadence in just minutes. Rich chocolate flavor in a whipped dessert in minutes.
This is perfect for a last-minute dessert or an impressive (yet effortless) treat.
Easy Chocolate Mousse in Minutes
This is an easy shortcut to making chocolate mousse. It’s deliciously decadent and more light and airy than chocolate pudding.
- You’ll need just three ingredients, no fiddling with gelatin, no beating eggs required.
- Whip this dessert up in just a minute or two – no cooking required.
- The secret to the richness is unsweetened cocoa powder to boost dark chocolate flavor!
- Serve it as you like, top it with whipped cream or fresh berries.
Ingredients for Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate pudding mix: The base of this easy mousse recipe is a box of pudding mix. Ensure you use instant pudding (not the kind that requires cooking).
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: This deepens the chocolate flavor and elevates the dessert.
- Heavy cream: The secret to the light and fluffy texture in this mousse recipe is the heavy whipping cream. Milk won’t create the richness needed in this recipe.
Bonus Tip: For an extra decadent experience, use half dark chocolate pudding mix and half milk chocolate pudding mix!
How to Make Chocolate Mousse
- Mix all ingredients (according to the recipe below) with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Top it Off!
Get fancy and have fun with toppings or fold in some cookie crumbs or chocolate chips.
- A dollop of whipped cream
- Fresh fruit or berries
- Grated white or dark chocolate
- Crumbled cookies, festive sprinkles, or a drizzle of homemade strawberry or caramel sauce for an extra touch of indulgence
Prep Ahead and Storage
- This chocolate mousse recipe will last about 4 days in the fridge, so it’s perfect for prepping ahead.
- If making ahead, add the toppings (like whipped cream) just before serving.
- Freeze chocolate mousse for up to 2 months and let it thaw in the refrigerator, or freeze it into popsicle molds and enjoy it as a frozen treat!
Did you make this easy Chocolate Mousse recipe? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Easy Chocolate Mousse
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix 4 serving size
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ½ cups heavy whipping cream 30-35% mf
- 1 cup whipped topping optional
- In a medium bowl, combine cocoa powder and instant pudding powder.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and mix with an electric mixer on medium-high for 1 minute.
- Spoon or pipe the chocolate mixture into serving dishes or small glasses immediately and serve or refrigerate.
- Garnish with whipped topping, fresh berries, mint, or whipped cream.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.