Carrot Cake Cupcakes put all of the amazing flavors and textures of a classic carrot cake into one yummy handheld bite!
Made with freshly shredded carrots and packed with goodies like nuts and raisins, these cupcakes are everything a perfect carrot cake should be!
Top them with whipped cream or cream cheese frosting for a dessert nobody will be able to resist!
This delicious Carrot Cake Cupcake recipe is sponsored by Walmart and SheKnows Media.
Carrot Cake is one of those desserts I’m known for and it’s something I’m always asked to bring along to gatherings.
On occasion I’ve been served a carrot cake that’s more like spice cake with a few carrots in it, that’s not how I like my carrot cake.
I love a carrot cake to be super moist and tender while being loaded with all kinds of textures and flavors. I feel like as far as a cake goes, carrot cake is one that has so much goodness in it! Carrots and crushed pineapple add tons of moisture and of course nuts for flavor and a bit of crunch and even raisins for great texture.
To add even more goodness to these from scratch carrot cake cupcakes, I have replaced my usual vegetable oil in the batter with Great Value Organic Coconut Oil! Walmart’s line of Great Value Organic products are the perfect addition to this recipe and best of all they’re budget friendly.
I’ve included Great Value Organic milk, coconut oil, ginger, and cinnamon in this recipe but keep in mind, Walmart has a big selection of Great Value Organic items available (including staples like milk, pasta and olive oil). Being able to use organic ingredients definitely makes me feel better about enjoying these carrot cake cupcakes!
Carrot cake is made very similarly to any other spiced cake, but it has a few more ingredients. The carrots and pineapple add amazing flavor into the cake while helping to keep it nice and moist!
Warm spices like ginger and cinnamon really add the perfect flavor to these carrot cake cupcakes!
This recipe uses soured milk by adding a little bit of apple cider vinegar to the milk before mixing. The acidity adds great flavor but most importantly makes these carrot cupcakes rise better and creates a perfectly tender crumb. It’ll look a bit thick/curdled when you use it which is what you want (I use this same soured milk in my well loved Banana Cake recipe).
As with most cupcakes, it’s important not to overbake these carrot cake cupcakes. You can check if they are done by inserting a toothpick into the center of them, if it comes out clean, that means they are done!
These babies are so moist, you really don’t even need frosting but I mean, cupcakes… so we always top them with our fave Cream Cheese Frosting (or even just freshly whipped cream). I use a piping tip to pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes, but a freezer bag with a corner cut out works just as well!
CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup Great Value Organic 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoonGreat Value Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Great Value Organic Ground Ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup Great Value Organic Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup raisins or coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with liners.
- Place the apple cider vinegar in a measuring cup. Fill to 3/4 cup with milk. Stir and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger in a medium bowl.
- In separate bowl mix, combine eggs, sugar and coconut oil until smooth. Stir in apple sauce, vanill and soured milk.
- Add flour mixture stirring just until combined.
- Stir in carrots, walnuts, pineapple and raisins. Do not over mix.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
I am excited to have partnered with Walmart & SheKnows Media to bring you this post. While I was compensated, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Working with great brands I love allows me to keep bringing you the great recipes you love!
More Recipes You’ll Love