These were absolutely delicious!
Broccoli and chicken in a creamy cheesy cheddar sauce rolled in bread dough! These are cut just the way you would cut cinnamon rolls and baked until lightly browned. One of the best meals I’ve had in a long time and definitely a HUGE hit with the whole family!
SBC will be reported.
Click print here ↓
Broccoli Chicken Bread Rolls
- 1 loaf bread dough frozen
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 3-4 cups broccoli fresh
- Defrost bread dough according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add flour and stir in milk, salt and mustard powder. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and add in 1 1/2 cups cheese. Stir just until melted. Set aside 1/2 cup cheese sauce.
- Slightly steam broccoli so it is still crisp (about 4 minutes). Combine cheese sauce, chicken, and broccoli.
- Roll out bread dough into a 12" by 15" rectangle. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheddar and spread chicken mixture over top. Roll dough so you have an 18" long log. Cut into 10 even rolls (as you would roll and cut cinnamon rolls). Top with the sauce you had set aside and extra cheese if desired.
- Place into a greased 9x13 pan cover and let rise about 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F Bake 25 minutes or until browned on top.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)