Chicken Roll-Ups are a super yummy meal that my whole family absolutely loves.
Tender shredded cooked chicken and broccoli are rolled in flaky crescent rolls and baked in a creamy sauce. So easy, so cheesy and a cinch to pull together with simple ingredients.
Easy Dinner in Minutes
Crescent rolls filled with chicken and cheese, in a creamy sauce is absolutely delicious!
The sauce is perfectly creamy and can make an ordinary day, extraordinary! This baked goodness is the perfect comfort food for any occasion!
The best part is that you can use any ingredients you have on hand to fill these roll ups.
Ingredients & Variations
SAUCE If you don’t happen to have cream of chicken soup on hand, substitute any other creamed soup like mushroom or cream of broccoli. Or whip up an easy cheese sauce with garlic powder and seasonings. If all else fails, a jar of Alfredo will do just fine!
How to Make Chicken Roll Ups
You’re just 3 simple steps away from making this easy recipe:
- Make the sauce (as per recipe below).
- Fill crescents with chicken and cheese and roll.
- Place in a pan over sauce, sprinkle with cheese and bake
Let the dish sit for a few minutes to allow the sauce to set and bon appétit!
Tips for Success
For crispy crescent perfection, bake until golden brown. It’s important not to under-cook these.
Make sure to use precooked meats for this recipe. Raw meat will not have enough time in the oven to cook thoroughly.
Last but not least, sharp cheddar adds extra flavor, but feel free to use your favorite if sharp cheese is not on the menu. Finally, try sprinkling with something colorful to garnish:
- Extra cheese on top!
- Chopped or dried herbs, or green onions
- A sprinkle of smoked paprika or dried chilies
- Even chopped jalapenos for some extra spice on top can make this dish look appealing and super appetizing!
Chicken roll-ups will last in the fridge for up to 3 days. They taste pretty darn good cold, but to reheat, just simply microwave or place in the toaster oven for a few minutes and they are good as new! A few drops of hot sauce for that added spice will do the trick!
More Yummy Roll Recipes
- Pepperoni Pizza Crescent Rolls – a kid favorite!
- Homemade Crescent Rolls – soft & buttery
- Reuben Roll Ups – a yummy twist on a classic
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls – a perfect addition to any meal
- Crispy Bacon Grilled Cheese Roll Ups – 4 simple ingredients
Did you make these Chicken Roll-Ups? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easy Chicken Roll Ups
- 10 ½ ounces cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup broth
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 ½ cups cooked chicken shredded
- 2 cups broccoli or asparagus, steamed
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine soup, milk, broth, flour, garlic powder and salt & pepper to taste. Pour the soup mixture in the bottom of a 9x13" pan.
- Separate crescent roll triangles.
- Divide 1 ½ cups of the cheddar cheese and all of the chicken and broccoli over the crescent rolls.
- Roll each crescent roll and place in the prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Delicious Veggie Substitutions: Try spinach, cauliflower, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, or even asparagus!
- Make sure to use pre-cooked meat as raw meat will not have enough time to cook fully in this recipe!
- For the perfect crispy exterior, do not undercook these!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)