Baked or Roasted Parmesan Asparagus has the perfect touch of garlic and seasonings all topped off with parmesan cheese.
This is a simple side dish that goes with anything and best of all it needs just minutes of prep before you pop it in the oven!
Why We Love Parmesan Asparagus
This easy side dish has a beautiful presentation but is so easy to prepare!
Made with a handful of ingredients and oven-roasted, it is ready in under 15 minutes. Making it the perfect last-minute side dish.
You can also easily adapt this recipe to whatever you have on hand. Toss with oil, add in some extra spices (maybe red chili flakes for a spicy kick), and top with your choice of cheese.
Voila! An easy and delicious side dish ready in minutes.
How to Roast Asparagus
Roasted asparagus is so easy to make! For uniform roasting, select spears that are equal in width and length.
- Prep asparagus (per recipe below) by giving a rinse and snapping off the ends.
- Toss with olive oil and seasoning and roast
- Sprinkle with parmesan and broil for a minute or two.
For a smoky flavor, try grilling asparagus before adding the cheese and broiling!
What To Serve with Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
Garlic Parmesan Asparagus goes with everything, or it makes a healthy snack by itself!
- Try it with blackened salmon for a light & flavorful lunch!
- Serve it alongside roasted split chicken breast or beef stroganoff for a meal that everyone will just love!
- Crockpot pork tenderloin goes great with roasted asparagus, too!
Do not freeze asparagus as it will not stay firm once it thaws. Keep garlic parmesan roasted asparagus ready for leftovers by storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
To serve leftovers:
- Microwave: Pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Broil: Or place it back under the broiler for a minute or two.
- Serve Cold: Better yet, chop it up and serve it on top of a tossed salad! Or, just refresh the flavors with a little salt and pepper and serve cold!
Enjoy this delicious vegetable side dish for special occasions or any day of the week!
- Creamy Asparagus (stovetop) – 15 mins to the table
- Easy Oven Roasted Asparagus – flavorful
- Easy Grilled Asparagus – with lemon
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus– flavorful
- Creamy Asparagus Soup – 5-star favorite
- Asparagus Salmon Foil Packets – oven or grill
Did you make this Parmesan Asparagus recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus spears about 1 pound
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt & black pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Rinse asparagus and pat dry. Break off the woody ends.
- Toss asparagus with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and place on a baking pan.
- Roast 6-10 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add parmesan cheese and broil 1 min.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)