Shrimp Dip will disappear off the appetizer table faster than you can say “Let’s eat!” It’s creamy and lusciously cheesy, with lots of juicy shrimp chunks and everybody’s favorite seafood seasoning, Old Bay!
It is a great appetizer to bring to holiday parties (or for game day) and much like jalapeño popper dip, nobody can get enough!
What’s In Shrimp Dip?
Great ingredients yield great results every time, and this cream cheese shrimp dip has all the best things in it!
- Shrimp: Of course this recipe starts with shrimp! You can use canned shrimp, but obviously it will taste even better if you use fresh shrimp. Cook it up however you like (butter and cajun seasoning is a great option). A shrimp ring will work as well.
- Cheese: Cream cheese and sharp cheddar cheese are my favorite choices for this dip!
- Flavors: Some fried onions, a dash of hot sauce and lemon juice add a flavor boost!
- Spices: Follow the recipe below or add your favorites, cajun seasoning, old bay, garlic powder, dill weed!
How To Make Shrimp Dip
Prep time for this recipe is really quick, just minutes
- Gently saute onion in butter to soften the flavor (or use green onions)
- Beat cream cheese & mayo with spices until fluffy.
- Fold in cooked, chopped shrimp and part of the cheddar.
Spread into a baking dish. Top with remaining cheddar and bake according to recipe below.
This recipe is so easy, so delicious, and you can modify it to suit your preferences.
- Serve it as a cold shrimp dip
- Add roasted garlic for a sweet garlicky shrimp dip.
- Stir in chopped artichokes, spinach, or red bell peppers.
- Try making a shrimp and crab dip for hot shrimp dip that has the best of both worlds
My Favorite Dippers For Shrimp Dip
- Homemade Crostini
- Pretzels of all shapes and sizes!
- Triscuits, nom, nom! Or Ritz, or bagel chips.
- Veggies to keep it low carb! You won’t believe how fast that raw broccoli vanishes!
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Just place in an airtight container. I don’t recommend freezing this dish, it doesn’t defrost well.
To Reheat Spread it into a small baking dish and add a bit of extra cheese on top and bake until heated through, about 15-20 minutes.
Perfectly Cheesy Dips
- The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip – always a hit!
- Rotel Dip – only 4 ingredients!
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip – loaded with bacon flavor
- The BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip – great party snack!
- Cheesy Hamburger Dip – with all your favorite burger flavors
Easy Shrimp Dip
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 1 pound shrimp peeled, cooked and chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- ½ teaspoon old bay seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Beat onion, cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, hot sauce, dill weed, old bay seasoning, and garlic powder with a mixer until fluffy.
- Fold in shrimp meat and ¾ cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Place in a small baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake 18-22 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Broil if needed.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
can I put this in a crockpot?
Hi Lori, I haven’t tried it so I can’t say for sure. I think it should work fine. If you try it I would love to hear how it turns out!
Seriously delicious. The best appetizer on the potluck table! Doubled it without a problem for 12 people and increased the cheese. Thank you for this recipe!
So glad everyone loved this KayKay!
Love this recipe! Can this be made in advance?
Yes it can be Mackenzie! To Reheat, spread it into a small baking dish and add a bit of extra cheese on top and bake until heated through, about 15-20 minutes.
Loved this recipe
Going to try this recipe but says2 tablespoon of butter and you use 1 tablespoon so what do you do with the other one??
Sorry for the confusion Ivy. The second tablespoon is used to cook uncooked shrimp (in the notes). I’ve updated the recipe.
Question? Can this be served as a cold dip without baking?
Hi Michelle, this dip can definitely be served cold! Let us know how it turns out for you :)
Made it tonight!
Used both green and white onion.
Added cayenne and paprika to raw shrimp and a few more dashes of hot sauce to the mixture..
Here in South Tx we like our heat
These recipe look delicious. Can’t wait to try at xmas
I would love to receive your recipes
Hi Pam, to receive our newsletters, you can sign up here or scroll down to the bottom of the post and you will see a green signup box.