Chicken and Mushrooms paired with a creamy base make the most incredible pasta sauce. In this recipe, tender juicy chicken breasts are cooked in a rich and creamy mushroom and bacon sauce that rivals any restaurant dish! This easy weeknight recipe is ready in under 30 minutes and is perfect served over any type of pasta (or rice).
I love the combination of mushrooms and chicken, and even more so when it’s as easy as this dish!
Not only is this made in one pan; any dinner that doesn’t leave me with a big stack of dishes is a win in my books! Because this is ready in under 30 minutes, it’s a perfect weeknight dinner!
In this recipe, the chicken breasts are pounded to 1/4″ with a mallet making them cook evenly and quickly. Once cooked, they’re gently simmered in a creamy mushroom bacon sauce creating and easy meal in minutes.
Mushrooms add a nice rich flavor while the bacon adds a hint of smokiness to this meal. White wine really adds depth to this sauce so if it’s available, I highly recommend adding it in. We love tossing this with pasta (such as spaghetti, linguine or tortellini) or even spooning it over rice.
I use white mushrooms in this recipe but it’s amazing with any kind of mushrooms including cremini, portabello or reconstituted dried mushrooms. If using dried mushrooms, be sure to keep the liquid you use to soak the mushrooms as it will have a huge mushroom flavor. We run it through a coffee filter to remove any grit.
If you’d like extra sauce, you can easily double the liquid ingredients.. (and the flour you add to the mushroom mixture). A sprinkle of fresh parsley and parmesan cheese is great on this dish too!
BACON MUSHROOM CHICKEN
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 5 slices uncooked bacon diced
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 6 oz mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Pound chicken to 1/4″ thick between pieces of plastic wrap. Dredge chicken in flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook about 4 minutes per side until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside to keep warm.
- Cook bacon & onion over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until bacon starts to brown. Add mushrooms & garlic and cook until mushrooms are browned. Remove mushroom mixture, sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon flour and set aside.
- Pour wine and broth into the pan and turn on med-high. Let simmer until reduced by half (about 6 minutes). Stir in mushrooms & heavy cream. Add chicken and let simmer until heated through (about 1 minute).
- Serve over pasta.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love