This avocado toast recipe is both easy and delicious! The simple things in life are often the best, and this breakfast is simply perfect.
Full of flavor and healthy fats for all-day fuel, you can eat a different version of avocado toast every day.
Find our fave tips and toppers below plus a little cheffy trick to step up your avocado toast game.
A Healthy & Hearty Breakfast!
- Why not skip the morning drive-thru and make your own avocado toast, it’s both faster and healthier!
- Healthy fats plus fiber for breakfast equals all-day energy! Add a fried egg and a few feta crumbles for an Instagram-worthy creation.
- Perfect any time of day, especially post work out or even as a light dessert replacement, avocado toast is a superfood anytime!
- Make open-faced avocado toasts and dress them up with other simple toppings that add color, flavor, and texture. Or make mini toasts with homemade crostini.
AVOCADOS: Choose soft and ripe avocados with intact skin. Mash or arrange slices as desired. To switch up the flavors, add in a DIY seasoning, like everything bagel seasoning or even homemade lemon pepper seasoning.
How to Make Avocado Toast
The Basics: Most of us know how to make simple avocado toasts – slice bread, toast until golden brown,remove the pit and mush avocado on toast, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Level Up: But if you want to really up your Avocado Toast game, rub the toast with garlic before adding the mashed avocado. This little trick was picked up over the years and adds a little something extra that people can’t put their finger on it. They just know it’s the best Avocado Toast they’ve ever had! :-)
Get Creative: Advocado toast is great when it’s simple with just a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, some flaky sea salt & ground black pepper, and a squeeze of lemon but try any of the variations below.
Did Someone Say Avocado?
Did you enjoy this Avocado Toast recipe? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
- 1 avocado ripe
- 2 slices bread any kind, sourdough is my favorite
- 1 clove garlic cut in half (skin on)
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice optional, from a fresh lemon is best
- extra virgin olive oil good quality
- cilantro or parsley finely chopped
- Cut avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Toast bread to your liking. While toast is still hot, lightly rub the surface with the cut side of the fresh garlic clove.
- Use a spoon to scoop avocado flesh out, then a fork to mush it onto the toast.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top per the notes or squeeze over a bit of lemon juice, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with cilantro or parsley. Serve immediately.
- everything bagel seasoning
- fried egg and crispy bacon bits
- lox, capers, minced onion
- tomato, bocconcini, basil, balsamic glaze
- sriracha and honey
- strawberries, basil, balsamic
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!