Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork (Slow Cooker Recipe)
Love it? Pin it to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This is a family favorite that is super simple to put together! It’s amazing that a few simple ingredients can create a dish so rich and delicious.
The best part about this dish is that it cooks in slow cooker and is ready when you are. If you are serving a crowd, you can easily turn it onto low to keep it warm until guests are ready to eat.
- 1 pork butt/pork shoulder roast
- salt, pepper & garlic powder
- 1 onion sliced (optional)
- 1 can Dr. Pepper
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce (or to taste)
- Rolls & coleslaw for serving
- Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Rub the outside of the roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the Dr. Pepper over the pork and cook on high 4-5 hours or on low 7-8 hours.
- The meat will be very tender. Using 2 forks, shred the pork and place back in the juices.
- Add barbecue sauce to taste. Allow to cook an additional 30-60 minutes if desired.
- Serve on crusty rolls with cole slaw if desired.