Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork (Slow Cooker Recipe)
Love it? Pin it to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This is a family favorite that is super simple to put together! If you’re a fan of slow cooker pulled pork, you’ll really love this recipe made with Dr Pepper! It’s amazing that just a few simple ingredients can create a dish that is so rich and delicious.
The best part about this dish is that it cooks in slow cooker and is ready when you are, which means it’s super easy to make. If you are serving a crowd, you can easily turn it onto low to keep it warm until guests are ready to eat. We just set out a basket of rolls and a bowl of slaw and our guests can create their own sandwiches!
For an alternative, you can try this recipe with diet soda or root beer and it still tastes just as wonderful!
Items you’ll need for this recipe :
- 1 pork butt/pork shoulder roast
- salt, pepper & garlic powder
- 1 onion sliced (optional)
- 1 can Dr. Pepper
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce (or to taste)
- Rolls & coleslaw for serving
- Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Rub the outside of the roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the Dr. Pepper over the pork and cook on high 4-5 hours or on low 7-8 hours.
- The meat will be very tender. Using 2 forks, shred the pork and place back in the juices.
- Add barbecue sauce to taste. Allow to cook an additional 30-60 minutes if desired.
- Serve on crusty rolls with cole slaw if desired.