Love it? Pin it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
So many of you loved my Apple Pie Egg rolls… and some suggested using Cherry Pie filling. I’ve only ever really had cherry pie filling on cheese cake, and then I thought.. HEYYYY!!!! Why not??
I do a recipe for little individual cheesecakes (coming soon) and thought it was be delicious in an egg roll! And these babies were born! YUMMMM!
They remind me of the OLD McDonalds pies we used to get as kids.. if a cherry pie from McDonalds married a cheesecake and had a baby it would have these. I’m telling you, trying these out at home while I was alone was NOT a good idea.
Note: These are intended to be served warm and fresh.
SBC WILL BE REPORTED. Contact for sharing guidelines.
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 8 egg roll wrappers (mine were 6"x6")
- oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine softened cream cheese, lemon rind, sugar and lemon juice until well mixed. Spoon into a Ziploc baggie. Cut off the corner of the bag.
- Lay out your egg roll wrappers with one of the corners pointing towards you and pipe a line of cheese mixture across the wrapper. Add approx. 10 cherries on top of the cheese mixture.
- Using water, wet the edges of the wrapper and roll up tightly ensuring the edges are sealed well. Let the rolls sit about 3-4 minutes allowing the water to dry and create a good seal.
- Preheat oil to about 350 degrees and fry in small batches until brown and crispy (about 5-6 minutes). Serve warm.