Zucchini Salad is one of my favorite fresh and fun summer salads. Bouncy zucchini noodles are tossed with onion, lemon juice, olive oil, dill, feta cheese, and parsley to give you a healthy and fresh side dish.
Whenever I go to potlucks, I love having a bowl of zucchini salad ready to go. This recipe is low carb, healthy and crazy simple to make. The vinaigrette is made from olive oil and lemon goes perfectly with the delicate taste of zucchini noodles.
I love a good cold summer pasta salad (like my favorite Italian Pasta Salad) alongside my burgers at barbecues, but I try to balance with healthy sides if possible. This recipe is the perfect side for those who just want to eat a little bit healthier, even while celebrating! When using fresh summer produce like I do in this raw zucchini salad (with fresh herbs like parsley and dill from the garden), I like to keep the recipe simple with minimal ingredients!
I use a white onion (with white papery skin, not yellow) as they tend to be a bit milder and sweeter. If you find onion to be a bit strong, soak the onion slices in cold water for about 20 minutes before adding them to the zucchini salad. It is a great way to neutralize some of the flavor!
Zucchini is already a very vibrant and colorful vegetable delicious baked or grilled but also amazing in salads!
Can You Eat Zucchini Salad Raw?
Of course! The spiralized zucchini in this recipe is what gives it its fun bouncy feel. Raw garden fresh zucchini is crisp and delicious, you’ll love the combo of feta cheese, dill, and lemon with it.
Zucchini is nice and sturdy so I actually eat it raw often as a dipper for my favorite sauces and dips (it’s a great lower carb chip alternative). I love serving raw zucchini sticks with spicy dill dip for a quick and healthy snack.
More Zucchini Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Baked Zucchini – Popular! Tender zucchini baked with parmesan cheese.
- Zucchini Brownies with 1 Minute Frosting – So moist!!
- Crispy Oven Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries with Chipotle Mayo
- Easy Stuffed Zucchini Boats – Family Favorite!
How To Make Zucchini Noodles
Zucchini noodles are super popular right now, and used in a variety of dishes like this shrimp stir fry with zucchini noodles!
To ‘zoodle’ a zucchini, I find the easiest thing to do is spiralized zucchini. If you don’t have one handy, use a vegetable peeler to peel the zucchini into long strips! Once cut, place your zucchini on a paper towel to absorb the rest of the water before you add them to your zucchini salad. Zoodles can be made well ahead of time and will last days in the fridge.
I most often make this and serve it about 20 minutes later. Making this zucchini salad in advance with the dressing can sometimes result in the ‘zoodles’ soften slightly but it’s delicious that way too. If you are bringing the salad with you and prefer a crisper texture simply spiralize your zucchini and refrigerate (it’ll stay crisp for days). Add the remaining ingredients just before serving!
- 2 pounds zucchini about 3 medium
- ½ cup white onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 juice of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup feta cheese finely crumbled
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoons dill chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spiralize zucchini using the larger blade on a spiralizer. (see note if you do not have a spiralizer).
- Chop zucchini noodles a couple of times so they are manageable to eat and toss (about 3").
- Slice onion as thinly as possible and add to the zucchini.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently toss.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes before serving.